Chapter 18

In the morning, Taehyung managed with great difficulty to convince Jungkook to have breakfast in the dining hall. Finally, the two were seated at the dining table.

...
As soon as the morning arrived, Mingyu went to the king and expressed his desire to meet Jungkook. Understanding Mingyu's emotions, the king invited him to join them for breakfast to meet Jungkook.

The moment Mingyu saw Jungkook he ran towards him and hugged him tightly.

"Kook are you okay? Did the kidnappers do anything to you?"

When Jungkook didn't respond, Mingyu began to check his entire body. Jungkook winced in pain, which widened Mingyu's eyes. He looked at Jungkook, who simply averted his gaze.

Realizing that Jungkook was not going to tell Mingyu about the cuts, Taehyung decided to explain himself.

"He has some light cuts on his body that the doctor treated last night. They should be fine by tomorrow. Don't worry."

Hearing this, Mingyu looked at Jungkook, his eyes filling with tears. Jungkook noticed Mingyu's tearful eyes.

"Min, I'll be fine by tomorrow. Please stop crying, or I'll start crying too." He pouted.

Mingyu quickly wiped his eyes and kissed Jungkook on the forehead.

This made Taehyung very angry, and he pulled Jungkook close to him.

"Mingyu, this is the first and last time I'm seeing you kiss Jungkook. Next time, I won't hesitate to rip your lips out." He said with finalty in his voice.

Mingyu just nodded in response "Umm, I-I only kissed him like a brother." Only he knew with how difficulty je lead these words slip his tongue.

Taehyung nodded and everyone sat down to eat.

After the meal, as everyone was leaving, Taehyung stopped them and asked them to gather in the lounge.

"I will be questioning everyone about yesterday's incident. If anyone tries to lie, there will be no one worse than me."

The queen looked at Kai, who just nodded, indicating that everything would go according to the plan and they would tell Taehyung everything.

Taehyung first questioned Mingyu.

"Why weren't you in Jungkook's car? Why were you in my car?"

"Kai asked me to go in your car."

Taehyung turned towards Kai, "Did you tell Mingyu to go with me in the car?"

"Y-yes."

"Why?"

"Umm, just like that."

"JUST LIKE THAT? SO YOU COULD ATTACK HIM?"

"N-no, actually, we were running a bit late, and Mingyu was ready. I thought he could go and check the arrangements one more time, so I sent him with you."

Taehyung didn't trust Kai at all, but he listened to him and then asked another question.

"When you guys returned home, where were the guards?"

"T-they had also gone to the venue. The Queen told them to go."

Taehyung then turned to his mother and asked, "Is Kai telling the truth?"

"Yes."

"Can I know why you said that?"

"Son, Kai forgot the rings. We thought we would get them and return in five minutes, so I sent the guards away."