Chapter 22

"Min min, this isn't me. T-this is a dream right? Y-yes, it must be a dream." He tried to console himself thinking it was just a dream.

"Kook, if you and the prince were intimate-" Mingyu's heart was pounding.

"NO MIN NO. M-min, I'm telling the truth I-I didn't do anything." He started crying loudly.

Mingyu couldn't understand anything. He approached Jungkook and tried to hug him but Jungkook pushed him away forcefully.

"Don't you dare touch me." He galred with burning eyes.

Mingyu got up from the ground, took a chair, and sat next to the bed.

"Alright look, I'm not touching you. I won't touch you at all. Okay?"

Jungkook nodded without thinking.

"Y-yes, no one touched me. I-I'm still p-pure." He tried to reassure himself through his tears.

"Kook, tell me what happened?"

"NOTHING HAPPENED. I TOLD YOU I'M PURE, DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?" he screamed holding hhis head in his hands.

"Yes Kook, I know you're pure. My Kook is pure, I know that but-"

"You know I'm p-pure, right?" he asked crying.

Mingyu comforted him saying, "Yes, I'm infinite percent sure my Kook is pure." He smiled to console jungkook.

"Y-yes, nothing happened to me."

For a while, they sat like that then suddenly Jungkook started crying loudly. His hands began to tremble, his body turned cold and his heartbeat raced. He couldn't control his emotions he had no idea what he was saying or doing.

M-min s-someone forced himself on me last night. I-I'm telling the truth I didn't do anything.

Hearing this Mingyu experience profound grief and sorrow, an intense anger and helplessness at the inability to protect his kook and a deep sense of guilt, even though he bear no responsibility. He felt a sense of shock and disbelief, struggling to comprehend the brutality and violation influenced upon his kook.

Mingyu stammered, "K-kook?"

"M-min, I-I swear on my life, I swear on our f-friendship, I-I didn't d-do anything." He was trying to prove his innocence but his tongue wasn't cooperating.

Mingyu didn't say anything, the shock was too great for him. But he was certain that his Kook could never do such a thing.

However, Jungkook misunderstood his silence.

"I-if you d-don't t-trust m-me t-then t-that's o-okay." He struggled to say these words, and just then Mingyu snapped back to reality.

"No, Kook, I trust you." Mingyu assured with sincerity in his voice.

Jungkook was very happy to hear this and hugged Mingyu.

"Kook, who did this to you?"

"I d-don't k-know M-Mingyu. S-someone b-blindfolded m-me with a c-cloth, so I c-couldn't see their f-face."

Mingyu resolved that whoever it was, he would make sure they paid even if it cost him his own life.

"Kook, did you recognize their voice?"

"N-no, I-I have never heard that v-voice before t-today."

Mingyu was listening to him while gently rubbing his back.

"Kook tell me everything from the beginning."

"I-I came out of my room to w-wish you and was about to reach the servants' quarters when someone blindfolded me and brought me to this room. After a while, t-they..." He started crying loudly.