~Chapter 22: Secret- Jayson's POV~

JAYSON’S POV

I entered the classroom and noticed that Luke hadn't arrived yet. Our adviser, Ma'am Irene, eventually arrived.

"Okay class, for today, we have a new lesson," she said.

We were about to have another discussion, and I knew that after that, Ma'am Irene would give us a quiz. I thought Luke might be late, but I was wrong, he didn't show up the entire day.

I asked Vincent if he knew why Luke hadn't come to school, and his response was, "Bro, I have no idea."

I started to worry about what might have happened to Luke. During dismissal, I messaged him to find out why he hadn't been in class all day. That's when I learned that he had a fever, which was why he stayed home. Maybe it was because of the rain the other day.

"Get well soon," I messaged him.

"Okay," he replied.

The next day, he returned to school, and I greeted him with a smile. He smiled back and Vincent immediately asked him why he hadn't been there.

"I had a fever," he said.

"Bro, it's good that you're feeling better now."

"Yeah, luckily it went away quickly."

After that, he looked at me, and that's when we heard our subject teacher's voice. We were in Philosophy class, and we needed to pay attention because we had a quiz later on the lesson our teacher had discussed.

During dismissal, I headed to one of the cubicles in the boys' restroom and waited for all my classmates to leave. When I stepped out, I saw Luke waiting by the restroom.

"Jayson."

"Luke," I said.

He came closer, and that's when he told me, "Yes."

"What do you mean by 'yes'?"

"Let's give it a try," he replied.

He answered my question! Finally! I hadn't expected him to say yes. I couldn't decide whether to be happy or flustered. I gave him a tight hug and thanked him.

"But Luke, I have a condition," I said.

"What is it?"

"Can we keep it a secret for now?"

"Sure, if you want it to be just between us, no problem," he replied, playing with my hair.

After our conversation, we started walking toward Acop. To avoid suspicion, we walked separately but kept a distance. Then, unexpectedly, a former classmate from grade 11 approached me and said,

"Hey, aren't you the one who has a crush on Luke? Hahaha, you're gay!"

"So what? Are you jealous?" I retorted.

He suddenly tried to punch me, but Luke arrived just in time and stopped him.

"Luke? Hahah, you're good at saving this gay guy, HAHAH."

"Do you think what you're doing is cool? Get out of the way," Luke snapped.

The guy attempted to punch Luke again, but this time, Luke dodged and landed a punch on him. I intervened and apologized to my former classmate.

"Both of you, get out of my sight, you gays!" he said before finally leaving.

Luke asked if I was okay, and I assured him I was fine. Then I asked how he was doing, and he simply replied, "I'm okay, Jayson."

Thankfully, there weren't many people around, and no one saw what happened.

*****