~Chapter 20: Distance- Dual POV~

LUKE'S POV

Why did he rush his meal? I felt like he didn't want to sit in front of me.

"Are you going back to the classroom?" I asked.

Jayson didn't respond to my question; he seemed in a hurry to leave. I realized he was angry with me and didn't want to talk.

As we walked back to the classroom, I saw Jayson talking to a female student. Then I noticed the girl taking a picture with him.

"Kathyrene, do you know the girl taking a picture with Jayson?" I asked.

"I don't know her, but I think she's just one of Jayson's admirers. Without his glasses, he looks even cuter and more handsome," Kathyrene replied.

Jayson smiled at the girl, seemingly pleased. I remembered how he smiled during our vlog. But why did I feel this way?

"Let's go back to the classroom," I said.

Once inside, I pulled out my phone and checked Jayson's Instagram account, scrolling through his posts. A few minutes later, Jayson entered.

"Who was that taking a picture with you? Is she your crush?" I asked when he sat down.

"Crush? She's not my crush," he replied and then he took out his phone.

At dismissal, I offered Jayson to join with Kathyrene, Vincent, and me to go to Acop.

"Kathy, go ahead. I have other things to do in Baguio," Jayson said.

Kathyrene asked what he was doing in Baguio, but he didn't answer and left.

For almost three weeks, I tried to talk to Jayson, to mend things between us. He barely spoke to me during that time, and even Kathyrene, his friend, couldn't understand his behavior.

At dismissal again, Jayson left without telling us where he goes. Kathyrene, Vincent, and I were the only ones who walks to Acop and didn't even see Jayson waiting jeepney there.

Once we dropped off Kathyrene on her house I got out from Vincent's car.

"Kathyrene, can I ask you something? Is Jayson really angry with me?" I inquired as Kathyrene got out of the car.

She took a deep breath and said,

"Remember that day? Do you recall what you said to him in front of your former classmates? Well, this is what happened. He immediately told me about it, and knowing made me mad. I was angry with you at that time."

"Sorry."

"If you had seen his reaction, you'd understand. His eyes showed he didn't want to cry. He was confused because he didn't expect you to say those words to him. I don't know what happened after he went home."

After hearing Kathyrene's words, I knew I had made a grave mistake. I thanked her before getting into Vincent's car, and we drove away.

"Bro, I hate to say this, but whatever happened that day, maybe Jayson has moved on," Vincent commented.

"You're right. It's better to forget it. It seems like I'm the only one affected by what happened," I replied.

But I knew it was my fault that Jayson was avoiding me. I regretted saying those words to him. If I could turn back time, I'd stop myself from hurting him.

"Bro, Kathyrene was right earlier about Jayson when that girl took a picture with him. He looked even more handsome," Vincent added.

"Yeah."

I couldn't explain the feelings I had when I saw that. I wished I could have been the one talking to him while he smiled like that.

"But Vincent, what if I've developed feelings for him?"