~Chapter 23: Work Immersion- Luke's POV~

LUKE'S POV

Almost two weeks have passed since Jayson and I took our feelings for each other seriously. We secretly talk when there aren't too many people around, and we often chat with each other.

Especially after our second quarter examinations ended, Jayson and I went back to Hideaway Café. We always head to the second floor to talk when we have free time.

Vincent and Jayson's friend Kathyrene still don't know that we're involved. Sometimes, I see Kathyrene and Jayson together at Hideaway Café, so I avoid talking to Jayson during those times to prevent them from finding out.

Even during Christmas and New Year, we kept our relationship a secret. We greeted each other during the holidays, and Jayson was the only gift I needed. I hope this new year brings beautiful memories.

After our second quarter, we had another week-long semestral break. Jayson and I planned to meet at a restaurant in Baguio City for our first real date. I waited for him at Acop, wearing cologne.

I hope Jayson likes what I'm wearing today; it's the first time I've put on formal attire again. A few minutes later, I saw Jayson in a black T-shirt and pants.

"You're also wearing black," he said.

"Yeah, we might be mistaken for funeral-goers," I joked.

He laughed, and we took a taxi to Baguio. At the restaurant, I let Jayson choose his meal.

I was surprised when he ordered a vegetable dish. It seems he's also started eating healthier foods like me.

"Jayson, have you been working out?" I asked.

"Yes, I started during our vacation," he replied.

That explains why he's avoiding junk food and soft drinks now, unlike before.

We finished our meal and spent the day exploring places in Baguio. We took photos of each other everywhere.

Jayson quickly posted our museum photos on his Instagram account, and I was the first to react.

"Don't worry, Luke. I won't post our picture since it's still a secret," he assured me.

I dropped him off outside his house, relieved that no one saw us. Before heading to the gym for a workout, I said goodbye to Jayson.

*****

Our semestral break ended, and we had to return to class for the start of the third quarter or second semester. Jayson and I rarely chatted after our date because we were both busy with household chores. I helped my father lift things for our new house. We're not wealthy, but we're doing everything we can to get by. Jayson understood my situation and said,

"Even though we come from different family backgrounds, it doesn't hinder our feelings for each other."

I arrived late today and found Jayson sitting in my seat. When he saw me, he moved back to his own chair. We continued pretending that we rarely acknowledged each other or spoke inside the classroom, determined not to repeat what happened in Grade 11.

I know that there are people who will hinder our relationship, especially women who used to like me. Most of them tend to spread rumors when they don't get what they want, so I try to avoid them.

Our subject teacher introduced a new subject called work immersion, where we'll work in offices or departments for a month. According to our teacher, it's a graduation requirement. Another requirement is our research defense. Luckily, my group is responsible and won't have much trouble with that.