Chapter 5: Finding April/Anxiety Plan For The Future

Cars honking their horns out in the streets, crowded around with dozens of people here in new York. Unfortunately, this gonna be very hard for Casey and Riley to find the key that's going to destroy the world and they've promised to not fail their mission.

"Sorry, excuse us!" Casey said over his mask as Riley spoke to him.

"Um, Casey, how exactly are we supposed to find the key?" Riley asked as she caught up with him, they got out of the huge crowd.

Casey looked at her and spoke. "I don't know, but we'll figure it out. Hold my hand Riley. We'll get a better look from the rooftop." He said gently with a smile as Riley looked at him, feeling a little bit embarrassed. She took his hand, but then he looked at her again and spoke.

"Hold on tight." He said gently, smiling as she smiled as well.

"Whoa!" Riley replied, let out a chuckle.

Casey used his grabbling hook to get them both on the top, she let go of his hand and they've both sat down next to each other as Riley started to take a look at the beautiful city glowing lights of the streets.

"Wow! I've never seen so many people here before in my life." Riley said gently.

"Yeah!" Casey said as he took out the picture of the turtles, April and splinter with smiling faces on, April was still in school at a university college. "How are we supposed to find you Sensei? We wish you were here."

Riley leaned over to Casey's side and looked at the picture, she really misses her dad. Even though, Riley have just realized that Leo was here and came up with a idea.

"Wait! He is here, we just need to find him." She said in a happy tone as Casey smiled at her.

"Great idea, Riley." He replied.

"And I think I know the right person who could help us out." She said as she knew that April is the only person who could lead them to the turtles.

Casey and Riley gasps, then spoke at the same time.

"April!"

A while later, as joy have told the new emotions that Riley have lost her parents in a car accident and everything else. Feeling really bad about the tragic story of Riley's miserable life as envy spoke.

"Poor Riley, I didn't know what she was going through for the past couple months! She must be so miserable, devastated about herself and with her having no life! Now that she's an lonely orphan." Envy said in a worried tone in her voice as joy smiled at them and spoke.

Joy holds her hands up in front. "Oh don't worry, Riley is adopted by a mutant turtle named Leo and he's brothers really like her a lot in the future. But Riley and her new friend Casey just traveled back in time to the past to start on their mission."

Anxiety had a look on her face. "Hmm? I'm starting to get very curious about this joy. What exactly does this mutant turtle of a father have a bond with Riley?" She asked.

Joy crossed her arms. "Leo and Riley have amazing father and daughter bonding time and moments with each other all the time. Besides they would argue sometimes, it makes Riley feel....I don't know sad or stress but he still loves her no matter how angry he gets with her. It's because she's growing up fast." She explained to anxiety who wasn't liking this at all and she couldn't imagine how Riley future would be in the next few years.

Anxiety takes a deep breath and exhale, then she spoke to joy. "Listen joy, I don't think this life isn't good enough for Riley and her future."

"What do you mean? It's good enough for Riley since she still goes to school and have her two best friends by her side. Plus, Leo let her go to Skills Camp for hockey players for the weekend. Our girl is in good hands, but nothing can't ruin this for her." Joy said gently with a smile as anxiety sighed and started smiling at them.

"Look, we all have a job to do! You make Riley happy, sadness makes her sad, fear protects her from the scary things that she sees and I protect from the things that she can't see. I plan for the better future for Riley. Oh check this out, I'll show you and you're gonna love this." Anxiety said as she pulled up a mini computer with different colored buttons on it.

Joy leaned over to sadness and whispered

Joy leaned over to sadness and whispered. "I was using that as a cup holder."

Anxiety looked at the screen of the mini computer as it started to show a few pictures or videos of Riley's teenage life.

"Okay, my team has run all the data and we're looking at the following likely scenarios. First, we don't take this camp seriously and we goof off with Bree and Grace." Anxiety said as they've looked up at the screen, she mumbled this one to joy for a few minutes. "Riley looks so uncool in front of Val, she fails to impress the coach and doesn't become a Firehawk. She arrives in highschool."

The next scenario shows Riley holding her books and binders in her arms with a sad look on her face

The next scenario shows Riley holding her books and binders in her arms with a sad look on her face. Anxiety kept going with the rest of the scenarios that might happen in Riley's life as an awkward teenager.

"She has no one and only the teachers know her name. After that, her adoptive father Leo the mutant turtle who gets mad at her for being awkward and then they get into a huge argument with each other, Leo abandoning her with no one else that wants to take her in." She explained everything about each of the scenarios on the mini computer screen on the console.

"Ew!" Disgust replied.

"Okay, you and I are gonna be friends." Fear points out to the orange female emotion.

"That's a sad story." Sadness said gently.

Joy scoffed and spoke. "It's a ridiculous story. Look again, I love the energy. But you're being silly none of this will never happen."

"Okay, whatever you say! You're the boss!" Anxiety said as she twiddling her fingers, thinking to herself and that the argument between Riley and Leo will make her feel so very stressful.

"Looks like Riley and Casey just found April, that's totally good." Disgust said.

Sneaking up from behind April as Casey and Riley which caused her to scream, then the future teen boy got knocked out unconscious, Riley looked up and got hit on the head with the grabbling hook and got knocked out cold.

"What's the matter with you two sneaking up on somebody in the dark?" April asked, then she looked at the two teenagers and noticed a photo of her and the turtles. She knew what she had to do.