Chapter 14: The Stream Of Consciousness

Joy, fear, sadness, disgust and anger have made it to a river stream with Riley's favorite food and vegetables streaming down the river.

"I'm glad that we've made it out of that jar!" Joy said in a happy tone. They've all agreed with her.

"Agreed." Anger said gently.

"Most definitely." Disgust said.

Joy smiled at them. "Yep! We are on our way to save Riley. But I know that we're all worried about our girl right now. I promise we'll find a way back." She said gently as fear twiddling his fingers and hoping that Riley is okay.

"I hope she's okay." Fear replied.

"Trust me, she'll be okay. Let's get moving, and it looks like we've have come across the stream of consciousness!" Joy said in a happy tone as they've were very impressed with the river stream of food, vegetables, all of other things that Riley loves to eat all the time and every day.

"Whoa!" Fear said impressed.

"Incredible." Disgust said.

Anger spotted a pizza streaming near them in the river. "I've never seen so many foods floating down here in the river before." He said.

Taking the stream of consciousness would be a good idea for them. Although, they just don't know where this river would lead them to and joy could definitely tell that it was a long straight way. Riley's core memories on the shelves were still brand new and glowing, those memories were definitely good as new.

Joy pointed out to the giant pizza. "Hey guys, check out! Deep dish pizza, extra cheese baby!" She exclaimed as they've got on top of it except for sadness who doesn't think that it's not such a good idea.

"Joy, I don't think this isn't a good idea." Sadness said in a worried tone as the yellow emotion turned around and spoke.

Joy scoffed and spoke. "Oh come on sadness, you worry too much, besides I bet that this is a faster way to get where we need to go. But no offense, you kinda are slow the last time that you and me saved Riley." She said in a serious tone.

"None taken. I guess that you guys can take the stream and I can probably go to the recall tube or something." Sadness said as joy shrugged her shoulders up and suggested if disgust can do that.

"Well, how about disgust take the recall tube it's the quickest way back to headquarters." Joy suggested as disgust looked up at her, thinking about doing in the tube in her green dress.

"You want me to go in a tube, in this? Oh yeah, not happening." Disgust said, rolling her eyes and crossed her arms. Joy sighed and looked back at sadness, then decided to let her go the fastest way back.

"Alright disgust, I'll let sadness take the recall tube back." Joy said in a happy tone. They've were totally fine with that with sadness taking a different way and they were gonna take the stream of consciousness.

"And how we supposed to know that she makes it back to headquarters? We gotta figure that problem out." Fear said.

"Good point." Joy said as she started looking around for something that way if sadness can keep in touch with them. She spotted two walkie talkies on the bench and went over to grabbed both of them. "Oh these walkie talkies are perfect to keep in touch with each other."

She gives the other one to sadness who was concerned about the walkie talkies if they work or not.

"Joy, are you sure these walkie talkies work?" Sadness asked in concerned as the yellow emotion smiled.

"Of course, let's try them out." Joy said in a happy tone as she started talking again in the walkie talkie. "Check, check, check, can you hear me? I gotta press the button. Go for joy. Copy that. Over. Oh, I love em'."

Joy smiled and leading sadness to one of the recall tube. Hopefully, one of those recall tubes can lead back to headquarters. Fear, disgust and anger followed them as they've watched joy lift sadness up to the tube.

"Okay sadness, don't look down and keep moving. We'll meet back at headquarters soon to save Riley." Joy said in a happy tone as she got in the recall tube and the air of it was going super fast, sadness screamed.

"Ahhhhhhh!" Sadness screamed.

Joy looks up and then looked at everyone else with a curious look on her face. "She'll be okay, right?" She asked as anger spoke.

"Eh, I give it 50/50!" Anger said gently.

Joy turned around and spoke. "Okay now, that's taken care of, let's go save Riley." She said in a happy tone as they followed her and let her the lead the way.