Chapter 9: More Sophisticated Emotions

Back at headquarters as joy didn't like the fact that anxiety was taking control of everything here. Technically, it was joy, anger, fear, sadness and disgust job to take care of Riley since she was their kid and they would do anything for her. They've love Riley and they weren't gonna let these new emotions take their girl away from them or replace them like this.

"Hey! This isn't how your gonna treat our girl by putting her in danger like that!" Joy said in a serious tone in her voice as fear, sadness, disgust and anger agreed with joy.

Anxiety scoffed and spoke. "Your girl? Oh please, what makes you think that Riley is your kid? Her life can be way better with her new emotions around." She said as envy gives her an orange core memory.

"No, it can't!" Disgust said as she crossed her arms and joy did the same thing too, while fear has a mad look on his and so does anger as sadness just had a slight sad look on her face. "We're never gonna lose Riley!"

Fear nodded and spoke. "Yeah! She's lucky to have a adoptive father like Leo and he'll always be there for her!" He said.

"And that goes for us too! We love Riley for who she is!" Anger said in a serious tone as joy nodded and spoke again, while she glared at anxiety.

"Besides nothing is gonna ruin this for her! But we're not gonna let you take over anything that makes Riley happy, she's our kid and we love her, it's our job to keep her safe." Joy said as the smallest emotion envy started sniffling and crying tears of happiness after hearing that wonderful and beautiful speech.

Envy smiled as she put both of her hands over her heart. "That was beautiful."

Anxiety sighed and started to act all innocent to trick the old emotions and spoke to them. "Wow! I have no idea, I am truly sorry I was really looking forward to working with you guys." She lied to them as embarrassment grabbed the old emotions and holding them tightly.

"Hey! What are you doing?" Joy asked in disbelief.

"Get off of me!" Anger said.

"Listen, Riley's life is more complex now it requires more sophisticated emotions than all of you!" Anxiety said as she narrowed her eyes right at joy while holding the orange core memory in her hands. "You just aren't what she needs anymore joy."

Joy gasps, as she was actually hurt by anxiety mean words like that.

"How dare you madam?" Fear asked.

"You can't just bottle us up!" Joy said as the orange emotion thought that was a perfect idea.

"Hey, that's a great idea!" Anxiety said with a smile on her face as they were all thrown into a huge jar and embarrassment put the lid on top of it, starting poking holes on the lid with a huge hammer nail. "It's not gonna be forever, it's just until Riley makes varsity or until she turns 18 or maybe forever, I don't know we'll have to see! Bye!"

Joy spoke to her again. "Wait!"

Anxiety sighed and turned around to face them, giving joy a chance to speak. She couldn't let anything happen to Riley.

"Please don't do this." Joy pleaded, convincing anxiety not to hurt their girl if they've were gone for so long.

"You know I have no choice joy." Anxiety said giving her a mad look on her face, glaring at joy from the huge jar.

"No! You're not gonna take over Riley's mind, we're the only ones who understand and been there for her if you take that away then she won't stand a chance!" Joy yelled over the glass of the jar.

"Joy, you're making this harder than it needs to be!" Anxiety said in a serious tone. Then she started to argue with anxiety about Riley.

"But you don't know what you're doing! She needs us!" Joy yelled as she couldn't risk losing Riley to the new emotions. Anxiety holding up the core memory up to the jar and spoke.

"Take a look at this joy! Do you really think that this is the life that Riley worth living for? I don't think so!" Anxiety yelled back at her and then continued with the conversation. "Like I said you just aren't what she needs in her teenage life anymore! Bye!"

She pulled the lever to lower the jar all the way to the bottom. Although, she knew that they weren't gonna come back and she planned on keeping it that way forever.