Episode 13

Sol picked through the leafy green thing that MeeMaw called a healthy light lunch as he sat at the small table towards the back of the school cafeteria. Nobody sat with him. Who would want to sit with Whale Boy? , he thought glumly as he glanced at his cell phone. He had texted Luci a few times but so far no response. She probably had a different lunch period at Bougie Academy than she had had here. She probably was busy making important rich smart friends. Pretty soon why would she even need him?

" Hey , tubs , " he heard from behind him," the Fat Ass store called. They want yours back! "

He heard other students laughing at JT Keller's dumb joke. He tried to ignore him and the others as he took a bite of his bland lunch.

JT leaned forward and over him. " Tell your freak friend I know his uncle is the one who hurt Skip. Tell him I hope his uncle drops the soap a few times in jail. "

Sol swallowed the last of his lunch and it landed in his stomach like a hard rock.

" Maybe he can be cell mates with your brother Jimmy. Tell your freak friend that I'm sure his other uncle will be just fine when the old man gets life. I'm pretty sure he'll find someone to fudge pack that crip ass of his. " He could feel JT breathing his hot foul breath down his neck and back. " Tell the freak maybe the new uncle will even cut his balls off for free. " JT laughed harshly. He laughed so hard he didn't notice that Sol aimed his fist at his nose until it was too late.

JT fell back and held his nose, screaming," Fuck you, you little bitch! "

Then he snapped his fingers and two of his ever faithful friends jumped on Sol and held him down as JT punched him in the face and stomach.

It hurt but Sol would not give them the pleasure of seeing him cry. He was thirteen damn it. In the Jewish faith that made him a man. He was a man damn it.

He was a man who missed Luci Moore and hated this damn school.

As a couple of teachers ran over to break up the fight, he thought to himself that Bougie Academy could not be worse.