Episode 3

Bethesda, Maryland - " It's not bad," Nigel said softly as he and Richard walked about the empty darkened and really dusty one story boxy looking vacant storefront across from the Cafe J. " It's got potential. And it's in a very good location."

Richard agreed but still asked one question of the too perky coffee swilling real estate agent Dawn King who had been more than enthusiastic about showing them the old pizza restaurant that was currently for sale. "With all it's pluses why is it still vacant? Why is it  even up for sale? "

Dawn took a long sip of coffee and looked at the handsome middle aged man in his expensive suit and wingtips. She looked at the younger man with the scars and eye patch and gentle English accent and cast on his arm. Well she didn't look at the younger one too hard or too close. When she had first seen his face it was a shocker. And a shame really because without the burns he would be incredibly attractive and just her type. Of course the old one was her type too. After all Richard Norland was rich. Although  how they both looked at each other when they thought nobody was looking gave her pause. She didn't think she had a chance with either one so she was going to keep it professional and get rid of this drain on her sale record. " The previous owners , the DiAnfelos, retired to Florida. Lucky. But they had been in business for forty six years so this is actually a very profitable and successful spot for a restaurant. Which you said you were interested in starting? "

Richard nodded briskly. " Yes. We are interested in opening a restaurant. The property looks very well cared for and it's set up for a lot of our initial needs and wants. How much are the owners asking? "

The real estate agent quoted a price that had Nigel's mouth dropping open. He could see his dream of opening and running  Richard and Nigel's vanishing in his mind as they stood there. Of course. Just like a lot of his dreams, he thought.

Richard just smiled. " Very reasonable. Too reasonable. Is there anything I, we , should be aware about this property? "

Dawn laughed softly and reached out to touch him lightly on the collar which had Nigel seeing red. He wanted to rip her hand off of Richard Norland. He wanted to stomp his feet like a child and exclaim to the world that the man was his. He wanted to fuck Richard in the middle of the state of the art kitchen that had won his heart about the way Richard had.

Shit. Bloody keep it together, he thought as his eyes drifted to look out of the big picture window in the front of the restaurant. Then he paled slightly as his good eye saw a too familiar and very unwelcome face looking through the window back at him. The thirty something year old White man smiled back at him and winked in an almost sinister way.

Nigel swallowed fiercely. No. It could not be him. Not his past creeping out to fuck up his present. And maybe his future. It couldn't be him. It just couldn't. No.....

Richard missed Nigel's reaction to the leering stranger who still stood at the window staring in because he was intensely listening to the agent saying," Oh the couple is just very eager to start their new life in Florida. They made their business and money here but that was the past they said. They want to move on. So yes it's a very decent price they are asking, sir. And the foundation is good as is the plumbing and electric. I would say depending on your own ideas it's almost move in ready. " She licked at her lips. " Would you like to make an offer? "

Richard smiled coolly. " Yes. I would. But about five thousand less than what they are asking. It is a slow real estate market now. "

As Richard and the agent proceeded to wheel and deal the tall lean man in the short sleeved red shirt that clung very nicely to his muscles and black skinny jeans stepped into the restaurant. He idled up to Nigel's side and said softly in his ear, " Well hello, Nigel. Fancy seeing you here. I should have known you would have yourself a daddy in America. "