Episode 5

" Skip Sands ," Homicide Detective Faith Lane murmured as she watched the paramedics lifting the stretcher with the unconscious man into the waiting ambulance outside the townhouse of him and his girlfriend Kris Keller. She smirked a little as she thought of how ironic that this was her very first homicide case.

The beating and shooting of the man who had raped and tortured her brother in law. Wonderful.

Jacks looked over at her with narrowed eyes. " You know that vic ? "

Faith shook her head and slipped on white plastic gloves as she said," What do I look like knowing rapist trash ? Oh you don't know? Our vic there has recently been accused of rape and sexual assault. Of a damn disabled man. "

Jacks made a disgusted face. " Well it should make our job easier, Lane. I doubt the cripple did it. Maybe the shooting but not the beating. Bet it's someone close to him though. " He laughed and snorted," Just another homo - cide , huh. "

Faith rolled her eyes at him. " Forget all that. The victim of the rape would never hurt anyone and neither would anyone he is close to. "

Except for her , that was.

" And how do you know all this, rookie? "

Before she could say anything out of the house came running over to them Kris Keller who yelled," You all need to do your damn jobs instead of standing around talking ! Go arrest the man who hurt Skip ! "

" And who might that be? ," Faith asked.

Kris thinned her lips as she retorted," When I got here I found him..... Like that...... He told me that the disabled man's husband did it to him. DuBuis Lane. He shot my Skip. He beat my Skip. Go arrest him. Do your damn jobs instead of harassing innocent people like Skip. "