Episode 24

Luci had to admit it even if just to herself.

Bougie Academy was not that bad. Ok. It was not that great either but it wasn't that bad.

Yes , she didn't have Sol at the school and part of her was worried about him getting suspended for fighting with that creep JT Keller but she was actually starting to get noticed at Bougie Academy and not in a bad way. Especially since Zora Mayfield had essentially taken her under her ever stylish pre teen wing and welcomed her to her very small and seemingly sacred circle of friends.

There was Zora  herself who sashayed around the school like she was a mini princess with her genuine diamond earrings.

There was Diamond Dennis who was the very pampered but little dense only daughter of the CEO of Bethesda based Dennis Enterprises which was the new upstart competition to Apple's glory according to Zora  who knew everything if it was gossip.

There was Sidnei Chou who was the very rich , very smart and very polished youngest child of the Secretary of State.

Luci felt honored to be included in the small group but she also felt a little inadequate next to them. She didn't wear designer clothes or even know most of the actual popular designers. She didn't wear real diamonds. She didn't have a MacBook. She didn't live in a big estate with a locked gate like Zora and the others.

And she didn't have beginner boobs like Zora and Sidnei. She was definitely talking to her uncles about starting hormones treatments though. Maybe even, she thought as she doodled in her notebook during her boring English class as the substitute teacher for the headmaster's wife and real English teacher Penelope Perkins droned on and on about the Scarlet Letter , convince them to let her start wearing eye makeup.

She felt something hit her shoulder blades and looked behind her. Someone had tossed a small folded piece of paper at her. She quickly picked it up, hoping the boring teacher didn't see. She opened it and read : So you're trans right? Are you straight, gay , lez , bi ? What ? Cause if you straight I know for a fact that Alan Kirkland likes you. His daddy is a lawyer at a hospital. Alan's brother created Barrington Pride so he's a definite ally. And Alan  is thirteen! I can hook you up. Just say word and it's done - Zora . "

Luci chewed her lip. She didn't like Alan Kirkland. She didn't know Alan Kirkland.

She liked Sol. But Sol wasn't there. Alan was. And Alan appeared to be Zora approved.