Episode 14

After the spasms had calmed down Andrew had so easily lifted up his youngest child and put him down in his and DuBuis's bed to sleep. Glory sat on DuBuis's side of the bed and watched him with her maternal gaze as Andrew placed Spencer's wheelchair close to the bed in case he woke up.

Then he pulled out his cell phone and called his son in law who had gone to the police station to meet with his lawyer and the police.  Spencer didn't know. DuBuis had swore his inlaws not to say a word to him unless it was absolutely necessary.

( " It'll be fine. I'll go down, answer a few questions, get my lawyer to earn her pay and be back home again. I won't have him worrying about me. Skip Sands already owns too much of my husband's mind lately. " )

" Everything ok , Andrew? ," he heard DuBuis say with an unusually tight stressed voice. " Spencer ok ? Luci get off ok to school? "

Andrew nodded even though he knew the man couldn't see him over the phone. " She did. And she registered her heartfelt complaints over the ugly outfit. It is a little ugly. Spencer is.....fine. He had a bad spasm but he's better now. He's sleeping now. Glory is with him. How are you, son ? "

DuBuis sighed. " I should have been there. Did you massage his legs? He can't feel them but it seems to help alleviate it when it happens. If it happens again or he can't sleep or do what he normally does he has Gabapentin in the medicine cabinet to take. I know he didn't want to go to the hospital so I am not even asking that. "

" Glory did rub his legs and help stretch them. She is an old hand with all this. Her son has cerebral palsy. Alfred deals with a lot of issues like this. He's so independent and stubborn about pretty much everything. He lives in Philadelphia but I would love it if he could talk to Spencer. I know it's not the same but..... Anyway he's fine. How are you? "

DuBuis said firmly," I don't see Faith at all when Sheila Veldez and me got there. We met with some old douche named Jacks or something. I let Sheila do the talking but I think they think I did it. Because that asshole said I did it. He's not backing down on it either. "

Andrew stepped out in the hallway and lowered his voice. " But you have an alibi? You were here at the house in the morning and then in the afternoon you went to your family doctor Dr. Watkins for a physical? That's what Spencer said. "

DuBuis was hesitant. " I do have an alibi but that's half right. It was not for a physical. It was not with our family doctor. It was with Spencer's therapist Reverend Lynn. "

Then he proceeded to tell Andrew about his odd recent symptoms including the hallucinations and what Reverend Lynn had said.

Andrew was very concerned. For both his son and son in law. "  Well it's still an alibi especially if it was during the same time as the attack on this bastard Sands. But , son , you need to start communicating with my Spencer more. If he finds out you're keeping things from him he might not be thrilled. Trust me on that. I've been married twice. I know. "

DuBuis sighed again. " I know , I know. When I have a definite diagnosis and a treatment plan I will tell him. I promise but not now. He's not sleeping good. He has nightmares. He is too stressed out. I'm not putting all this on him too. "

Andrew clicked his teeth. " I understand your thoughts. But when you're married it's not putting all this on someone. It's unburdening yourself and them supporting you.  That's marriage, son , it's a two way street. "