Episode 19

Wednesday September 4, 2024

The next morning DuBuis called a family meeting around the kitchen table with Spencer who still looked very confused as he sipped his herbal tea, Luci who played with her bowl of cereal and avoided looking at any of the adults present especially Andrew and Glory, and the older couple who looked remarkably refreshed at such an early time.

" So , " DuBuis said as he took a deep drag of his coffee. He was trying to avoid the eyes of both Andrew and Glory. As well as Luci who really should not know about sex at the age of twelve. Especially since she was not dating until she was thirty. Maybe fifty. He wasn't going to make eye contact with his husband either. Spencer really shouldn't be as naive about certain aspects of life as he was, he thought as he discreetly looked at him out of the corner of his eye. " So Spencer and I....."

" Actually it was DuBuis," Spencer interjected with.

" We ," DuBuis carried on ," we decided on some new house rules. No. Sex. In. The. House.  Unless me and Spencer and Luci are out of the house. And the country. Maybe the planet. "

Andrew's lips lifted in a smirk and Glory burst out laughing as she said," Oh dear me. You all could hear us ? I'm so sorry. Andrew can be.... a bit loud. We'll do better. I promise. "

Andrew stopped smiling and stared at his wife. " I'm loud ? Me ? "

" Yes , dear ," she said," you. You got us thrown out of our honeymoon suite in Las Vegas. Remember? They said never come back. "

DuBuis stood up and just left the kitchen without speaking another word.

Spencer rolled his chair out of the kitchen, whispering," I think I should work on my book. "

Luci said ," Old people should not do that kind of stuff. Gross ! " Then she stuffed a couple spoonfuls of cereal in her mouth, washed it down with orange juice grabbed her backpack and hurried out to catch her bus to Bougie Academy.

Andrew laughed. " I guess we should clear the table. "

Glory laughed even louder. " We should. And maybe set it again. " Then she winked at him.

Andrew started smiling again.