Lightning Over The Tatras

What about us running late?

What about those who don't want to meet their fate?

Can't the towers of sun clocks get swept away?

Can't the stopwatch factories get burnt to flames?

What about us running late?

What ab-

---

"Mate, if you keep dreaming like that we'll be the ones who are running late, got it?"

"What? am i no longer allowed to dream?"

"... you do remember what day it is, right?"

"Wait, you're right! Thanks for waking me up!"

"Yeah, whatever"

Bluey got up from bed and went to the bathroom to get herself ready, after all, she hasn't seen her dad for a month.

"BLUEY! WE ARE RUNNING LATE!"

"I KNOW MUM!"

---

I don't know about any of you, but me, personally, don't work properly without eating breakfast. Some say it was a myth created by Kelldogs to sell more boxes of Wooflakes, and i've got to say, it worked. Anyways, what were we talking about? Ah, yes, Bluey. Her family also seems to be like me, because they always ate breakfast before doing anything important. And today was certainly important.

The first to go down the stairs was Chilli, very early in the morning, because the Heeler home had a significant lack of Blue Heelers, and someone had to keep it from crumbling apart.

Next, Bingo came down. She hadn't really changed much apart from the obvious. She was still the adorable, wholesome pup of always.

Last but not least was Bluey-Christine. Ever since the incident she had changed. She became a bit more reserved (quick reminder, this is Bluey we're talking about) and picked her battles far better than before. According to her parents (and by that i mean primarily Bandit) she had finally grown out of that phase. Whether that is true or not, i have no idea. I'm the narrator, go ask her.

"Well kiddos, who's ready to see Dad again?"

"Mum, we're not kiddos anymore" Said Bluey while slightly rolling her eyes.

"That's what they all say, but i don't care, you'll always be my kiddos"

"I wonder what Dad has been up to these last weeks"

"Probably thinking of how big you've gotten!"

"Can we please stop talking about my age? I already feel old, there's no need to make the feeling any worse"

"Righto, no more talking about your sister's age, okay Bingo?"

"Okay!" Replied Bingo with a big smile.

"Oh, did i tell you? I got a deal at Woofworths for the big jugs of milk!"

"Mum!"

"Oops, Sorry!"

The family continued to eat their brekkie for what, 10-20 minutes? I've lost count while thinking of how to tell you all this story. Anyways, after finishing, the family got into Bobo (that's the name of the car, for those who haven't been paying attention) and, while almost ready to depart...

"Wait!"

"What did you forget now?"

"Hang on i'll be back in 2"

"Sure sweetie"

Oddly enough, Bluey was usually quite precise with her estimates, but this time she actually took less than a minute to come back to the car.

"What were you missing?"

"Oh! well i had to give Rusty's Cricket Bat back, i was hoping i could on the way to the airport"

"Uhm, well i guess we have enough time..."

"What did you even need Rusty's Bat for? we have plenty!" Said Bingo slightly infuriated.

"I didn't borrow it Bingo, he asked me to paint it for him. It's a gift for Jack"

"Rusty and Jack sure are close friends..." Bingo said, trying to dig deeper

"Uh... yes- Very close, yeah..." Bluey got caught off-guard.

"Well, we better get going girls, otherwise we'll be late for both."

Author's Note:

This is the timeskip i was talking about.

"Lightning Over The Tatras" is the Slovak National Anthem, which talks about a major danger for slovaks. It'll make sense later, trust.