The Galaxy's Open For You

Author's Notes:

THE FLASHBACKS ARE BACK BITCHES

Anyway, Skye Rocket has a pulse again so i figured i'd name a chapter after some of her lyrics. (Hyper Potions - Shooting Star ft. Skye Rocket. I'm a sonic fan that's all i'll say)

---

It was another day at Glasshouse, in fact, it was actually the 2 week anniversary since Bluey confessed her feelings for Mackenzie.

At least for them, this was a big day. Why, you may ask? Because they were having a kid of their own. Now, that sounds terribly wrong, but you have to understand they were just playing Mums and Dads. Don't worry.

– – –

Calypso was sitting on her desk, thinking about what she saw two weeks ago.

Don't get her wrong, if her students were happy she was happy too. However, what made her uneasy was that both of them had usually shown disgust at the idea of being in a relationship. At this age? even worse!

Maybe they were just imitating what adults did? After all, Bluey's parents were quite relaxed in showing affection for each other -'Smoochy Kiss' as a term in class originated from Bluey's household-, maybe she didn't understand the implications?

Wasn't Mackenzie the one who leaned in? She didn't even remember what she saw other than the obvious, although it wouldn't surprise her.

The Murray-Balls were polar opposites of the Heelers. They were, arguably, the most orthodox of all of the parents, which led to Mackenzie being influenced to some degree by them. She had noticed how he was a different pup whenever his parents were in the picture, how he went from the happiest dog on earth when at school to the most emotionless canine when he was picked up.

She was quick to point to Joshua as the root of the issue. Mariah was significantly easier to deal with, and she could see she wanted to be a lot more libertarian in Mackenzie's upbringing. Sometimes this went awry and ended up with him getting a choice in stuff he shouldn't.

Joshua, on the other paw, was infinitely more times stricter. He personally believed in corporal punishment, something he wasn't afraid of telling Calypso. He even ended up discussing the legality of conversion therapy with her at one point!

Maybe this was an act of rebellion from Mackenzie? She didn't kn-

"Uhm, Calypso?"

"Yes, Mackenzie?"

"Do you have a doll without parents?"

Calypso was, admittedly, taken aback. Mackenzie had never shown interest in taking care of a doll.

"Uh, yeah I think I do. Why though?"

"I want to play mums and dads."

"Alright, I'll see what I can find."

She got up from her seat and went towards her office. Mackenzie followed her.

– – –

Calypso scoured through her drawers. "So, Mackenzie... who's gonna be the mum?"

"Uh, Bluey..."

That's weird. Usually Bluey prefers to play with her classmates instead of with dolls.

"Oh, good." Her paw felt a piece of rug. "Here you go." She pulled out a small doll. "Take care of them, but knowing you two, I'm sure they're in good paws."