Delusions

Bluey opened up her eyes. She felt an intense surge of pain go through her body, a pain so intense she had nothing to compare it to. She felt tired. She felt destroyed.

Once the colours adjusted themselves, she managed to take a peek into her surroundings. She was sitting on a yoga mat in a place that resembled Calypso's class. Everything was bright. Too bright.

She then felt warm. That's when she realised she was wrapped in a blue thermal blanket and was holding a mug. She took a sip.

It tasted horrible, although, oddly enough, it managed to make her forget about the pain that made its way across her body. She then tried to pull the blanket closer to her.

She was not the only one who was covering themselves in the blanket. To her right sat Mackenzie.

Was he hurt? Did they get in an accident? But how did that relate to being at Calypso's? She then realised he didn't have a mug, and his body didn't seem to be either hurt or warm.

She could feel him being cold. Too cold. Both in terms of temperature and in attitude. He didn't show any emotion. At all.

He was staring into something. Something in the distance. So further beyond it didn't seem to be in this existential plane. He was, to Bluey's knowledge, staring into the abyss.

She tried to speak to him, but couldn't. Her senses were coming back to her, though. She managed to hear her surroundings. She could hear mumblings in the distance. They seemed desperate.

She could also hear Mackenzie. He said one phrase, and one phrase only:

“I saw him.”

Then, two dogs entered the room through the door to Mackenzie’s right. The first looked like Calypso's fiancé, Busker. The latter looked like… Lucky's Dad?

Another dog would enter the room. It was -or seemed to be- Bandit.

All three of them stared into her soul with faces of sorrow and regret.

Finally, Bandit spoke:

“I'm sorry, Bluey”

Then everything went black.

Chapter End.
Author's Notes:
Blame Inco, Please Do.