Heaven Pouring Down (Into Hell)

After both families ate dinner, Josh and Mary would go to the bank to open a new account, while Bandit and Chilli would take Bingo to Lila's.

They now had the whole Heeler Home to themselves, and of course, they planned to spend the evening asleep.

"Okay, so I was thinking..." Bluey paced a small part of her room. "Why don't we pack up the air mattress?"

"What? So then where will I sleep?"

"With me."

"Are you sure? I don't want your parents thinki-"

"Okay. We keep the air mattress but you sleep up here with me. How does that sound?"

"Fair enough."

Mackenzie got on her bed. She'd do the same. Eventually, they'd drift off into sleep...

– – –

Bluey was flying up a set of stairs. She didn't have any control over her legs. She just had to walk up. It felt like she had to. Like she was chasing something and couldn't let it go.

After a few seconds, she managed to click together where she was. It was Nana's apartment building. But she wasn't chasing Nana. Why would she?

At last, she made it to the top of the building. She pushed away the door to the rooftop and made it out.

The heavens were turned into water and were pouring down. She had never experienced such rain. It was all slightly foggy.

The fog started to clear.

On the edge of the building stood Mackenzie. He was facing the beyond.

"Why would you come here?"

She couldn't think of a response of her own. And even if she did, she didn't have any semblance of control over her body.

"My parents are gone. Your parents are gone. My friends are gone. You should be gone. Everyone is gone. I have nothing left. Nothing. I drove everyone off me, and you know what? I deserve it."

He turned around.

"You were right. Everything would have been better if I hadn't come back. I was clinging onto something I thought was true, yet was nothing but a memory made up by my brain. I thought everything would be the same, disregarding the obvious"

A few tears started coming out of his eyes.

"I'm sorry if I messed up your life, Blues. I really am."

He smiled amidst the crying.

"I hope at some point I made you smile. It's all my tiny heart ever wanted."

He flopped towards the void.

That's when Bluey finally recovered control. She desperately retook her senses and ran towards the edge, hoping she'd be able to reach him just in time.

However, by the time she made it to the building's verge it was too late. She was mortified.

Bluey slowly turned her head downwards. There, she found imagery from right out of her darkest nightmares.

The body of who she once thought was the love of her life, lying lifeless on the street below.

Just as a puddle of blood started to make its way out of his body, a car started speeding down said street. Straight towards his carcass.

And just as it was about to run it over...

– – –

She opened up her eyes. There, she found herself with her head in Mackenzie's chest. She began to hug him tight, like if she let go he'd do as in her dream.

"P-Pl-Please d-don't l-leave m-me..." Tears were getting in her way. Her cries woke up the border collie.

"What happened?"

"P-please..."

He hugged her too. "It's okay. It was only a dream. I'm here and I won't ever leave you again." He also wiped away some of her tears using his thumb.

"Y-You're ce-cereal?"

"I'm cereal."

She hugged tighter, eventually crying herself to sleep. Mackenzie, on the other hand, was confused at what happened, but preferred not to confront her about it until she felt better. He would ultimately sleep off too.

– – –

While our two lovebirds sleep, we'll check on our other lovebirds. Rusty and Jack were at the city centre, otherwise just enjoying each other's company. However, Rusty just couldn't stop thinking about Indy...

"Uhm, Rusty?"

He couldn't hear Jack over his own thoughts.

"Rusty? Rusty!"

Nope.

That's when Jack decides to pinch his paw, making Rusty yelp. "Ouch! Why'd you do that?!"

"Because you drifted off?"

"Oh, yeah I did..."

"What's been bothering you all day?" Asked Jack, only slightly infuriated.

"It's Indy."

"Oh, what's with her?" Now he wasn't infuriated, but rather concerned.

"She's been avoiding me all day. Just before we got out of school I tried to talk to her but she just walked away mid sentence, and it's not like she wasn't paying attention."

"You're right, she usually isn't like this." He held Rusty's paw and pulled. "Let's just hope she gets better. For now, I'd like to have some ice cream."

– – –

Bluey opened up her eyes once again. She was still lying on Mackenzie's chest. Seeing him sleep peacefully like that reminded her of the last time they had a sleepover... The Sleepover.

She wiped away the few tears left in her eye edges. She took her phone from the nightstand and unlocked it. There was a message, it was from Chloe.

+++

Chloe: so how's everything in paradise going?

Bluey: terrible

Chloe: why

Chloe: what happened

Chloe: ?

Chloe: did you have another that's so raven vision

Bluey: yea

Bluey: but this time it was about kenz throwing himself off a building

Chloe: ...

Chloe: wow

Bluey: he was saying stuff like

Bluey: im sorry for ruining everything

Bluey: he also said something about our parents and friends being gone

Chloe: huh?

Bluey: yea I was confused too

Chloe: is it alright if I call you back in 30?

Chloe: im having dinner rn

Bluey: sure

Chloe left the chat.

+++

Bluey started hearing noises. Turns out Mackenzie was now snoring.

'God even his snoring is cute' She thought. 'Maybe I should record him sleeping-'

She slapped herself. 'maybe Chloe was right. I am a weirdo' She then thought it through. 'i'm sure he won't mind though, will he?'

She opened her camera and recorded a small video of him snoring. They sounded tiny, almost pup-like. Then, she'd try to go back to sleep...