Truth Alone Triumphs - Part 3

A/N: About the weapon thing...

"-And then Chilli told him it was 'normal' to want to cuddle with my daughter! Do you- the audacity!"

Bandit took another sip from his can of beer and set it down in the right half of the Labradors' backyard table. In front of him was Pat, wearing a striped apron with different tones of pastel pink expertly roasting some sausages as he listened to his best friend's rant.

Bandit and Pat had been childhood friends, first going to school together, then when they entered high school they, alongside some other friends, would start a rock band, something like 'mustard', I don't remember. After that, they would go to college together, becoming roommates, and then, after he got married to his best friend Janelle, they moved in next to Bandit and his own wife, Chilli.

"Well, you gotta give props to the kid, he apologised first." Pat said as he served three sausages on Bandit's plate. Pat hadn't been as involved in Mack's out-of-family life. He knew Mackenzie and Lucky had known each other for some years, but never considered each other as 'friends', more-so 'acquaintances'. "-and, from what you described, he was being proper with her, no touching, no making out, just hugs."

"I know mate, it's just... I don't feel like she's old enough for this!" Bandit exclaimed as he took the plate his bud was handing him and put it down in front of him.

"Well, you know how that ended up like." The Labrador replied as he plated some food for himself.

"Don't even bring it up..." Bandit sighed. "I still feel like a piece of shit."

"In my opinion man, you should." Patrick asserted. "You ruined that pup's life, and now you're complaining about the consequences of your actions and blaming them on him?"

Bandit looked at his friend confused. "Whaddya mean?"

"That your ass saw the kids hugging and immediately imagined them fucking and now you seemingly can't get it out of your head!" The Labrador exclaimed, standing his ground on the argument as he served two more plates of sausages. "If you want to rebuild your relationship with your daughter, you gotta start by trusting her. And! If you want to even build one with your de facto son, you gotta start by even respecting him."

"How do you even do that knowing that your kids tried to run away at ten!" Bandit exclaimed as well.

"And exactly why do you think they ran away in the first place, huh?" Lucky's Dad teased while at the same time making a point. "We'll talk about this later, I'll call the ladies." He said as he went towards the edge of the verandah and shouted. "Hey Chilli! The food is ready!"

– – –

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" A young, 20 year old Cavapoo exclaimed from her desk as she read through a few documents. Her office was, being blunt, a mess. That's certainly worse when you have OCD like her.

The door was opened by another 20 year old, this time an English Setter, "Hello, Sophie, thanks for having me."

"Oh, no worries Mia, this is kinda my job too" both girls chuckled. The English Setter, instead of sitting down in the check up bed like usual, stayed standing. "Oh, don't be shy! Take a seat! I just haven't gotten to cleaning up yet, it's been a frenetic week here."

"Thanks, but, I think I'm better like this." Mia dismissed her. Sophie and Mia were best friends ever since they were in Glasshouse together, and since Sophie first began to work in OBGYN, she became Mia's doctor.