CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

...

       "You knew it all, but you still compiled. You knew you were being controlled and tortured but you still smiled and acted as if it was nothing! Hahaha! What did you hope to achieve?!" Mrs Smith shouted in glea?

      "Eh? Why? Say it would you!" She now grabbed kayla's jaw angrily, yet sluggishly.

      "Because I knew you didn't do it willingly." Kayla quietly said but firmly.

     "YOU...!" Mrs Smith paused and looked down. "We told you to escape with that boy but you didn't. We told you we didn't know when we will be able to get out of their grasp and that you should find somewhere safe but you didn't listen to us! Why!?" Mrs Smith clenched her fist.

      Kayla looked up for the first time we came here and smiled, "Because I knew mum and dad loved me the most!"

      Mr and Mrs Smith both seemed stunned for a while, then...

      "Uwahhhhh!" Mrs Smith started to cry. "You stupid child!"

     Mr Smith seemed touched to just like how I felt. He smiled gently and the all hugged each other.

The End,
Or is it?

...

     Ones everyone was ready we all got up and started to go out laughing and chatting along the way.

    It was a happy moment. The calm after the storm kind. And it was that way. But we didn't know what was about to happen next.

   "PAH! PAH!"

       It was a gunshot then, we all heard a thud.

...

                  Kayla's POV

        Today has been a really tiring day but I was happy. Because Mum and Dad were back to being their normal selves. Their loving selves.

        We all got up and I held my Mum's hand on top of my shoulders in support. Everything was finally beginning to feel normal again, until...

     "PAH! PAH!"

      "THUD!"

    Then I heard a thud. Someone had fallen down. Looking down I saw that the person was Dad.

     "Da-..." before I could let a sound out...

    "THUD!"

         I felt Mum's hand slip and she was now also on the floor. I looked at their laying backs in horror.

      "Mum? Dad?" I said and bent down to them.

         "Mum, Dad, get up. This is no time to joke." I laughed forcibly with tears and shook them both but they didn't move. Not even an inch.

        "Mum, Dad, wake up please! We are supposed to be on our way home now." I said as tears fell off my eyes and my body was shivering too.

      I sniffed, "Dad, this is not the time to joke around. Mum, open your eyes and see Dad's acting. Oh! You both are acting together aren't you. Uwahhhhh!"

        "Kayla!" I heard someone call me. It feels like it has been going on for a while now but I didn't hear a thing till now.

      I turned around and saw Greg with a calming smile.

      "Don't worry. Everything will be okay." He said then turned around and said seriously, "Jason, come help me out here. Apply pressure on the spot that got shot. Leah, call for help right now. We have to make sure to stop the bleeding until they arrive."

    They both did as he said and I was left sitting on the flow shivering and I clasped my hand and prayed that everything should be all right.

The End.
...

A/N: Hi readers out there 👋, so this is the end of the first arc just to make it clear. This story consists of two arcs and we just finished the first arc now.

         Help give me some comments on  how the story has been up to now if you can please. How are the characters? The story dynamic? The plots? How is the narration? Are the characters interesting? Amusing? Secretive? Or boring?

       Give me critics on it and more so that I can get to make the story better.

       Well that's all for today. Take care and be safe. And lastly 🤭

                    EID MUBARAK EVERYONE! ✨ 💖 💕