The Truth (Make-up Pt. 4)

Colette POV
Once we had entered our room, I sat on the bed as I asked, "You have...something...some truth to tell me?"

Edgar blushed and nodded. "You know, Colette...I...made a mistake. And you had a misunderstanding. I'm sorry for knocking you over just now, and embarrassing you in front of everyone. I don't know why you were so angry about that, but regardless, I'm still in the wrong. But please, do you remember how everything happened?"

I realised he wanted me to reminisce what had happened earlier that day. Well...

The nice person in charge of the orphanage introduced me to everyone, including the guy in the scarf who had been kinda rude just now. His name was Edgar, apparently. And I got the feeling that he didn't like me. During the whole talk, he was ignoring what Hana was saying and chattering to his friends.

Actually, if I was honest to myself, he was kinda cute. But he probably didn't think about me that way, so never mind. Maybe things would change in the future.

"Okay, Colette, you can go sit down beside Edgar there. I need to talk to everyone about what we're going to do next. Oh, and put down your book, by the way. Don't carry it everywhere, you won't need it."

I walked towards the dark-haired boy in the scarf, spying the empty seat beside him. But before I could sit down, without warning, his leg swept around and hit me right in the knees. My legs buckled, and with a shriek, I tumbled to the floor and hit my head.

"Okay..." Edgar murmured. "Firstly, I'm sorry for being a bit rude, I...kinda thought you were someone else, who I had been waiting for very long to come to me. And secondly, this is how I experienced the moment : '"What are you guys talking about?" James asked as he pushed his seat closer to us.

"I don't know, don't you think Colette's kinda weird?" Aditi told him. "She was literally looking around the hallway like she's never seen a building—or colours, for that matter. And she keeps hugging that scrapbook thing to herself, like it's full of secrets or something."

James shrugged, "It's kinda cute."

Both of us turned to stare at him, and his face flushed as he changed the subject quickly, "I think I've seen her before somewhere..."

"Yeah," I agreed, shifting my position to face him properly as I began, "I've—"

A loud shriek, then a crash, interrupted me.'"

"Oh...I..." I whispered, really sorry I had been so harsh on Edgar when everything was just a mistake. A misunderstanding.

My subconscious was right. Edgar wasn't a jerk...maybe he was a friend worth keeping around. Just the fact that he bothered to come and try to tell me the truth twice showed that he cared.

Something that my dad never did.

"I'm really sorry...for everything that I did. I didn't know it was an accident...I...I..." I said, suddenly stammering as I looked into Edgar's bright eyes, which were full of understanding.

"It's okay, Colette. Everyone make mistakes. I can see that...you're truly a great girl. And that's the truth for sure."

"Th-thanks," I whispered as he put his hand on mine, making it very hard for me to breathe for some reason.

Uh-oh. Looks like I was right. I panicked.

My mind was a frenzy until I finally asked myself, Do I...like Edgar?