Before It All Comes Falling Down

Edgar POV
Everyone was talking rapidly, full of fear and worry, when the door in front of us rattled, and the sound of machinery whirring rang out. With a quick scan, I saw Bull and another guy on the other side of the door. Bull was pressing his gun against the door, which was vibrating and unlocking, just like Colette had seen.

I knew Bull was super suspicious...looks like this was his hidden secret. Something big that he was planning for Retropolis and Brawltopia. But who was this other guy, the one beside him, his accomplice?

I signalled to Aditi, who teleported us out to the entrance of the orphanage, far away from this secret door. Bull and his accomplice had disappeared from view, and we rushed to the point where the pipe had been damaged.

Sure enough, we traced back its trail, connecting it to the secret facility.

"You know what this means?" Hana asked in a low voice.

"Everyone will transform too, if we don't stop things from going nuclear," Aditi finished.

"We need to stop them quickly," Colette said. "Before it all comes falling down, and crushes us to pieces."

Edgar POV (Present)
"Master Senc, your father asked me to inform you of a new development," Tina knocked on the open door and said from outside.

"Come in, Tina," Fang invited, "What's up with my dad?"

Tina said nothing, just flipping her tablet to face us. On the screen was a long, very wordy message.

Dear Tina, please make sure this gets to Fang and the rest of his friends. There's been a very important update pertaining to our current situation—or rather, predicament.

As for the remaining opposers of the movement for the successful unification of our two empires, I have great news!

Mark and the rest of his team have informed me that they themselves, as well as their remaining supporters, have realised the true power of our unification from our recent summit. They are now fully willing to proceed with the aforementioned movement and suggest that we do it immediately.

It's time for us to make our move, before anything else happens to disrupt it and it all comes crashing down once again.

Please ask my son and his friends to meet me at their school, Central Brawltopia National High (CBNH) at 1800 this evening. The official announcement will be held there, and it will be broadcasted across our world.

Sincerely,
Myr John Senc

"It's time for us to go," Tina told us as we finished reading the letter. "Your attendance is expected promptly."

Janet began going into overdrive mode again, mumbling to herself whether the outfits were right for her occasion.

Luckily, Fang calmed her down and reminded her that the outfits we were still wearing had been handpicked by her yesterday night—and this morning (yes, that was how long it took).

He really made a great boyfriend for her—comforting her when she was down, taking care of her when she was sick, helping her keep her cool when she was panicked and frenzied...

Just like what Colette was to me.

And as we got into the car, I decided to continue the story again.

"So..."