Chapter 41 (Part 1)

There's multiple places in the facility that require a special route to get to. They are the secretive places behind the walls with no doors to, and require a certain lift to get to. And that's where the safe spot of the facility is.

I was sitting outside a room as I watched Ayven leave my side, walking down the hallway where the electricity isn't disrupted, which means that the camera is displaying my infiltration to their 'safe zone'. But we do not care about being spotted now, since our goal is to kill everyone and we begin with the clueless ones, the scientists that are hiding here, then we lure everyone else here.

I sat at the entrance of the lift, guarding it while Ayven headed to the only room in the safe zone. I clasped my sweaty palms together, clenching both of them tight as I hoped for nothing bad to happen. I fidgeted a bit, my gaze bouncing all around the place till I'd scanned every corner of the entrance to ensure myself that everything was alright.

I heard Ayven greeted the scientists, and they greeted him back in a friendly tone, as if they're still colleagues. There were several voices reciprocating, and I could predict at least 6 of them were there.

I heard his voice echoing down the hallway, "Has anyone seen Kaysen?"

Then a voice answers him, "I don't know-"

A gunshot echoed down the hallway. I flinched at it, though he'd already told me about his plan, I still couldn't resist it. My heart was beating fast, still shocked from that loud bang.

I heard something drop to the ground with a loud thump, and several other gasps. Someone was cursing and I heard glass getting knocked over and shattering on the ground. Then, they were silent again, as if nobody was there.

Ayven asks again, "Does anyone know?"

A convincingly calm voice answered, "I believe he's gone after his father."

"Have you seen him?" He asked them.

"He came back here once to get the anesthesia gun refill and left saying he's going hunting." The same voice again.

"Alright," Ayven responded with a satisfied tone, and moved on to another question, "Any idea where my bioweapons went?"

There was silence before a voice spoke in a rush, and I presumed he'd held a gun against one of them, "J-jesper took them!"

He got his answer but another gunshot came, and this one threw me off guard. I pressed my hands to my heart, as if telling them to remain in there and not to jump right through my chest. I brought a hand up to cover my lips as I heard another body fall.

But why, I think, he'd already gotten his answer.

"That's not the right answer," he declared, and I imagine him saying that with a smile on his face.

The door of the elevator opens. I presume I didn't hear it coming since the sound of the gunshot covered it.

I leaped to my feet and called out to the subjects around me, whatever I can get into my power. I squinted my eyes and saw a single figure in the elevator.

Just a single figure.

Just a single needle shot into my neck.

A needle which brought back all the memories, the pain that I failed to wipe from my head.

I staggered backwards, my hands automatically loosen all the connections I'd made to the subjects around me. It wasn't the effect of the dose which made me weak, it was the thoughts, the memories and my own emotions which did. I couldn't control anything, not even myself.