☠︎︎ 30. Pearl ☠︎︎

— one pearl for me, one pearl for you

one pearl for the mother that loves you

one pearl for those lost to death

one pearl for the future they will never have —

The blade of Kim's sabre slowly landed on the wrist of the privateer; its harp edge balancing on it. "Back off immediately, or I'll take your hand with me as a souvenir!" Kim growled and the look in his eyes... it was the kind of look people describe as the look that can kill.

"Careful, little pirate. You are playing with the wrong people," the privateer scoffed and didn't lower his sword even the slightest.

Kim ducked his head and started laughing. At first, it was too quiet for anyone besides him to hear it, but then everyone noticed. They were looking at him entirely confused. Only Chay wasn't confused at all. If anything, Chay felt sorry for the privateer's hand already, even though the man still had it, but something was telling Chay that not for long.

Fools, they don't know that messing with a captain's partner is a death sentence.

"What are you bloody laughing at, you lunatic?" the privateer finally asked.

Kim stopped laughing and raised his head, looking right at him, "I'm laughing at you." Just the moment he said that, his sabre cut right through the skin and bones of the privateer, and blood splashed everywhere around them, while the hand was lifelessly lying in the dirt under their feet.

Kim swiftly grabbed the baffled privateer and turned him around, sneaking one of his hands around the privateer's shoulders while he pressed his sabre to the privateer's neck. "I have warned you, matey," Kim chuckled into the privateer's ear and looked at the other privateers who were looking surprisingly clueless.

Ahh, pathetic! Kim rolled his eyes and smirked, "I'm not the one messing with the wrong people, but it seems that all of you are. You have ten seconds. Either you turn around and leave or I'll give you your matey back... in a casket. So? What's it gonna be?"

"That's Phantom of a Pirate, you morons!" One man from the crowd of people who had decided to watch what was happening yelled out, laughing.

Kim half bowed down with a huge grin on his lips, "that's me. Hello. Still wanna stay around?"

"You bloody bastard!" The privateer under his hold groaned already dizzy. He was losing the blood pretty fast.

"Well," Kim looked down at the blood under them. "I'm not the one bloody right now, am I?"

"Mr Jones, we are going to find help. We'll be right back." The second, one of the privateers said that they all turned around and left.

"So, Mr Jones..." Kim chuckled. "No one messes with my Porchay!" The blade of Kim's dagger was sharp and glistened under the sun as it slit over the privateer's kneck and sent him down to his knees, leaving him just a couple of seconds to live.