☠︎︎ 31. Wine-Stained Lips ☠︎︎

— when we kiss

— when we kiss

with those wine-stained lips

your hands on my skin

the feeling only you can make me feel —

"Am I going to be a pirate now?" Pearl asked, tugged safely into Kim's bed in the captain's cabin.

"Only if you want to," Chay replied, caressing Pearl's hair.

"I don't know that yet," Pearl admitted quietly.

"That's okay. You have plenty of time to decide," Chay stood up from the bed and smiled down at the boy. "Sleep tight. Captain and I will be back before you wake up in the morning."

"Uhm... Chay?"

"Yes?"

"You... you will really come back, right?"

"I promise," Chay said softly. "Remember, you are on Kim's ship now, and we are about to sail soon. And the ship can't sail without its captain."

"It can't?" Pearl asked, intrigued.

Chay shook his head, "of course, it can't. How would that be? So, no worries. Like I said—before you wake up in the morning, we'll be already here."

Pearl nodded, "okay... good night."

"Good night, Pearl," Chay whispered and turned around, closing the door behind him.

"The ship actually can sail without a captain if necessary..." Kim teased when Chay walked out of the cabin.

"Hush!" Chay playfully glared at Kim, "I know, but Pearl doesn't need to know that, does he?"

"Well, for now not," Kim said and pulled Chay into his arms, burying his nose in Chay's hair and inhaling that scent he had become so addicted to.

Chay kissed Kim's jaw, and then he lifted his head a little to kiss Kim's lips as well, "everything went well with the crew?"

Kim nodded, "they were a bit surprised, but considering what happened to Pearl, I think they all understand that we are the best option for the kid now. And well, half of the crew was here when I joined as a kid, so in a way, they get it."

Chay smiled, relived, "I'm glad. I really don't want him to go through similar things I did when I joined."

"Darlin'..." Kim pressed his lips into a thin line, looking at Chay apologetically.

Chay just smiled, waving his hand in dismissal, "it's all good. Things belonging to the past. You wanted to go to the Tavern. Should we go now?"

"If you don't want to, we can just stay here."