Chapter 20.

"I'd rather be lost in the lights.. lost in the lights.. I'm out of my mind.."

NO ONE POV

Taehyung was nervous.. He licked his dry lips and gulped a few times.

"Son.. you don't have to be nervous. We know what you want to say.." Jungsoo said, breaking the silence.

Taehyung looked up at Jungkook's mother with wide eyes.. She knew??

It was a Sunday.. The day after Taehyung told about Jungkook to his parents. The man was at Jeon's cosy home to get permission to date their son.

If you are wondering, Jungkook was not home. Jimin and his boyfriend Yoongi took the boy out per Taehyung's request and Namjoon's permission. So it was only Taehyung, the Jeon couple and Namjoon in the house.

Namjoon gave a reassuring smile to Taehyung.

"We understand you Tae, so don't worry.. It's fine.." Namjoon said, giving a dimpled smile to Taehyung.

"R-really?"

"Yes, son. It's completely normal. We already knew that this would happen. If you are worried that we'll get mad at you, then don't.. It's fine.." It was Heejoon, Jungkook's father who said that.

"So.. You give me the permission?" Taehyung asked, still in shock.

"Why do you need our permission? It's your company." Jungkook's mother, Jungso said.

"Eh??" Taehyung tilted his head in confusion. How did his company come into the conversation?

"Yeah.. We won't send him any more. And for the damage he had done, we can pay too. Please, just don't sue him. He'll turn the jail into a mental hospital." Jungsoo pleaded.

"What?? Sue him? What are you guys saying? Why would I sue him?" Taehyung was.. well.. confused and shocked..

"Why WOULDN'T you sue him? Jimin said that he had made a lady drink a fish. We were waiting till you contacted us since we heard that." Heejoon said, completely done with his son. But deep down man was proud.

Taehyung stared at Jungkook's family with a huge question mark on his head. He was sure that they were not talking about what he was talking about.

"Tae.. Thank you for tolerating him till now. You can fire him tomorrow. Our friendship won't be damaged because of that. Don't worry."

That's when Taehyung realised what was going on. He couldn't hold back the small chuckle that left his mouth.

"No no.. I'm not here to talk about firing him. I'm here for something else."

The two Jeon parents looked at each other's faces when they heard that.

"Then what do you want to talk about?" Namjoon asked making Taehyung nervous again.

"I- umm.. I want permission to date Jungkook."

"You want to our permission for what?" Heejoon asked, as he was sure that he was having a hearing disability.

"To date Jungkook." Taehyung repeated.

"Toooo date Jungkook?" Jungsoo asked looking at Taehyung like he was some alien.

"Yes."

"Jungkook?"

"Yes."

"Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yes, Jeon Jungkook."

"Our son Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yes."

"My brother?"

"Yes."

"You want to date my brother?"

"Yes."

"Like THE Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yes."

"The one I gave birth to?"

"Yes."

"You want to date him?"

"Yes."

"Jungkook? The one that's working with you?"

"Yes."

"Look at that picture.. The one in the middle. You want to date him?" Heejon asked pointing at the huge family picture on the wall.

"Yes sir. I want permission to date your son, Joonie hyung's brother, The Jeon Jungkook."

"Huh?"

"Huh?"

"Huh?"

All the three Jeons looked at Taehyung like the man was straight out of a mental asylum.

"Tae.. Are you okay? Did my brother force me to say this? Did he threaten to with a dead rat?" Namjoon asked worriedly.

Taehyung rubbed his face with his palms. The Jeons looked really worried about Taehyung. 

"No no no. Nothing like that happened. I'm truly in love with your son. And I want to marry him. I already got permission from my parents, now I want yours."

"You are in love with our son?"

"Yes."

"Our son as in Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yes."

"In love? With MY brother?"

"Yes."

"THE Jeon Jungkook?"

Taehyung took a deep breath. He would need a lot of energy to deal with the Jeons.

After almost 1 and a half hours, Taehyung managed to convince the Jeon couple and Namjoon that he was indeed in love with Jungkook.

To Taehyung's delight, he got their permission to date Jungkook..

"Our son is a brat. We already warned you. You are stepping into this knowing very well that he's hard to handle. So if you.. ever EVER hurt him.. I'm gonna break your leg. Then your other leg, then your arm and then your other arm.. And then.." Heejoon stopped and looked at Taehyung.

"You are going to take back your son?" Taehyung asked, gulping.

"Oh no no no. There's no returning policy here. He's your problem now. We'll talk with your parents and arrange your marriage real soon." Jungsoo said immediately.

"Yeah.. What I'm going to do if you hurt him is leave him with you. Do you want to be stuck with Jungkook after being legless and armless?"

Taehyung shook his head rapidly. He didn't know what scared him the most. Being legless and armless or getting stuck with Jungkook while being that helpless.

However after all the threats and warnings.. Taehyung was warmly welcomed by the Jeons as their son-in-law.

Now.. there was only one thing Taehyung had to do.. Meeting Jungkook as V hyungie..

___

To be continued..