Chapter 12.

"Could you.. could you please.. please don't change.."

NO ONE POV

Taehyung was in his room, thinking about the conversation he had with Jungkook a few hours ago.. After that, he couldn't work anymore. His mind was a mess.

"Hyung.. What's Joonie hyung's surname??" The first thing Taehyung did after he texted Jungkook was calling his brother..

"Eh?? Why do you want that?"

"Just tell me hyung.. Isn't he a Kim? You always call him Kim Namjoon!"

"Ahh that's because I'm Kim. It's an inside joke between us. His surname is Jeon."

That's all Taehyung needed to hear. His guess was right. Taehyung immediately grabbed his stuff and returned home. He needed time to prepare himself..

Meanwhile, he thought about what happened that morning before Jungkook texted him.

《FLASHBACK》

It had only been an hour since Taehyung had come to his office when received a call from his friend informing him that he was on his way to meet him. So after telling his secretary to let his friend in, Taehyung waited for him while checking his files.

30 minutes after that, his friend opens the door of his office room..

"Namjoon hyung.." Taehyung stood up from his chair with a small smile.

"Tae.. I'm sorry if I bothered you."

"What are you saying hyung? What bother?" Taehyung said while walking towards the sofa.

For the next 10 minutes, the two friends had a small chat while sipping the beverages that Taehyung's secretary brought them.

Namjoon's and Taehyung's friendship was a new one. But it was strong.

Namjoon was Jin's boyfriend. Since Jin was more of a brother to Taehyung than a cousin, Namjoon was Taehyung's brother-in-law. Jin and Namjoon had been dating for a little over a year. But Taehyung and Namjoon met eachother only 4 months ago. But they had a good bond.

And that's why Namjoon trusted him with this..

"You know that I have a brother, right?" Namjoon asked after finishing his drink.

"Of course, I know. Jin hyung never shuts up about his bunny." Taehyung said with a fake eye roll.

"They are getting too close.. I'm getting a bit worried."

"Why? Scared that Jin hyung would influence him?" Taehyung asked with a chuckle.

"The opposite of that, actually. My brother is a brat. Jin is a lot better than him."

"Really?"

"Yeah.. My brother is a mini Satan. Right before I came here, he made me eat a spoonful of salt."

"What?" Taehyung couldn't stop laughing at Namjoon's face.

"Yeah.. He had put salt in the sugar bottle. I couldn't even shout at him cause then our parents would know that I eat sugar secretly. That brat!" Namjoon was fuming. Taehyung was laughing his ass off.

"Brats are more common than I thought." Taehyung said thinking about his own little brat.

"Anyway, I came here to talk about him."

Realising that Namjoon's mood suddenly went to a serious mode, Taehyung signalled him to continue.

"My brother is a premature baby. He was very weak when he was small. So all of us protected him a lot, Tae.. We didn't even send him to school. He stayed inside our house all the time. He went to high school for two years but even then, he was stuck to his best friend's side all the time. At first, we thought it was good cause we could keep him with us all protected and safe. But now we are realising that we are caging him."

Namjoon's voice was filled with sorrow and regret. Taehyung didn't know what to say. So he silently waited till Namjoon continued.

"He doesn't go out of the house at least once a month. He stays inside his room all the time. He doesn't want to meet anyone new either. I tried so hard to introduce him to our friend circle but he only got closer to Jin. He has talked with Hobi and Yoongi a bit but he doesn't let them him."

Taehyung knew that Namjoon had an introverted brother who never went outside but he didn't know it was that serious.

"Our parents and I are so worried about him Tae. He doesn't know anything about the society. We raised him cocooned in our arms, now he's so used to this cocoon and doesn't want to go out and spread his wings. I want to let him get out of his safe zone and interact with people, build connections and learn about the world. But also I'm scared to throw him out of the nest like that."

"So you want to send him to me?" Taehyung asked after realising where Namjoon was heading. The older one nodded his head to confirm..

"I want to send him to do a job. But he doesn't know anything about the society. If I send him to do a normal job, I don't know what he will do or how others will tolerate his behaviour. That's why I want to send him to you. I'm really sorry for asking this Tae, but can you take him under your wing?" Namjoon pleaded.

"Hyung.. You don't have to ask like that. I'd love to help you. I think my secretary would also love to have a long vacation." Taehyung said with a small smile.

"What? No no no. Don't make him your secretary. Just give him a small job. Maybe let him assist your secretary or something."

"It's fine hyung. I'm an introvert myself. I think we'll be able to get close. I'll slowly let him be exposed to this society. And I have good experience with brats. There's no need to worry."

"Are you sure, Tae?"

"Yes, hyung.. Don't tell your brother that I'm giving a vacation to my current secretary. Just tell him that my secretary is resigning. And send him for an interview tomorrow.".

"Thanks Tae.. I don't know how to repay you."

"What repay hyung? We are brother in-laws."

_______

To be continued..