13

I woke up hearing lots of voices come from outside

I woke up hearing lots of voices come from outside. It's one of the worst days of the month for me and daddy wanna have his pop up shop today. My stomach is killing me on top of the stress that's been going through my head. I'm surprised i'm still alive and functioning.

But now that i'm awake, I gotta get to work. 

"Oh thank goodness ya woke. I need ya help Bunny." Momma burst in my room as I was getting out of bed. It made me hurriedly cover myself because i'm nearly naked. She stared at me as I stared at her in shock. Why would she do that? "Come on Bunny please. I need you to greet everybody."

"That's not my job Momma. I'm supposed to work a stand." In the shade.

"Let's switch. I can't stand in the heat today, i'm gonna faint."

"Since when does heat bother you like that?" I grabbed my throw blanket from the bottom of my bed and wrapped it around me to get up. It seemed like she wasn't gonna leave until I actually got up. I'm not letting my mother see me in my underwear.

"Please."

"Momma I refuse to stand in the heat. It's way too hot today. Just don't have nobody right there."

"Ya father-"

"Well then he can stand out there."

Momma sighed realizing I wasn't changing my mind. I'm cycling right now, I don't stand a chance being hot like that. I already feel ten times hotter than any other day.

"Bunny.."

"No momma. Tell him call his friends. They here any other day, why they ain't trynna help?" I went inside my closet to find an outfit. I'm already annoyed with all this, I could literally cry right now.

"We need all the help we can get. You think askin the Knowles will be some good?"

"You know what? I'll go see." I just grabbed some sweats and threw them on after a long sleeve pink shirt. I'm not coming back fast either because I don't even wanna be doing this. Actually, it's the last thing on my mind.

It's always something with Daddy.

"Just ask and if they don't seem up to it let them know it's fine."

"Will do." I went inside the restroom so I could get myself together. After brushing my teeth and washing my face I rushed out the house without another word. There was a whole lot of people in our yard making me roll my eyes. Why?

They come out like this for some candy that can be bought inside the store Daddy has in town. Why come here?

I got inside the car and drove down the long street to the Knowles house. Mrs.Knowles was on the porch drinking something out her mug. She was eyeing the car hard until she realized it was me, then she smiled.

This woman is the sweetest i've ever met and I don't think anyone can ever take that spot.

"Oh hey there Bunny! I got a pie in there for ya. It's good you came by." She gave me a small hug and led me inside her home. I smiled telling her goodmorning. It made me happy hearing she had that pie for me. Yesss I could use it. Especially at this time of the month.