18

With You :

With You :

I was excited to be at the beach today. Ms.Tina checked my ankle and said it was okay for the boot to come off. Before that, Beyoncé said if I was cleared then she would drive us down to the beach.

We immediately went to my house to get my swim stuff and made our way. Amelia was my little bestie for the day, her words not mine. She made sure she sat by me the whole ride, and she's yet to leave me since we got here.

"Mel I think you should go with Mae-bell." Beyoncé had been trying to get her to move away but Mel is a very determined little girl. She wasn't lettin Yoncé change her mind about nothin. I could only laugh at the two.

"Yoncé you can't have Bunny to yaself. Her is mine too."

"But you've had her all day, Melly."

"She my best friend."

"But she was mine first."

Amelia looked at me, then back to Beyoncé. I only gave her a small smile cause it was between them two, not me. It's all up to Mel.

"Well alright. But only for a little bit cause I wanna go in the water wit y'all."

"Promise i'll come get ya when it's time."

"Ok!" Amelia ran off towards her other sisters and Beyoncé sighed like she was relieved. I chuckled taking her hand, holding it tightly. She walked onside of me as slow as I was. The sand had my attention as my toes sunk into it.

Being at the beach was always my favorite as a kid. Momma rarely brought us cause of Daddy being busy so much, but I always loved it. The sound of the water overpowering the voices made me feel safe.

"Have you talked to your mom?"

"Yea. She should be home by the mornin. I got a feelin things ain't good."

"Why you feelin like that?"

I didn't want to tell Momma and Daddy's business. When I told Beyoncé I didn't know of any issues between them, it was every bit of a lie. I'm aware of my parents issues, they're not hidden. But Momma always taught me that what goes on in her house is to stay there.

I've told Beyoncé enough. About my siblings and how I feel when it comes to being cared for. Even that was too much. But I trust her not ta say nothin.

"I just- I've been having my theories."

"Well that's alright. I think every kid has that thought of their parents not being good, but it's only a fear."

I nodded to slightly agree cause I knew she was only saying that to cheer me up about it. It was cute that she did that.

"So when they come back.... you goin home?"

"I think so. Yea. Daddy ain't gonna let me stay at somebody else's house without a purpose that's right fa him. I'm surprised he ain't callin me much."