24

Calm :

I didn't know how to feel anymore. It was late at night and I was ready to go home. I'm sure I should've learned my lesson by now, but I needed to leave. I'd been here with Beyoncé for almost two days, I have to go. Not a call from Momma has come through and even though I don't have my phone, I would expect her to call Ms.Tina.

At least. Especially with no one knowing that i'm here. It's been rather quiet.

My stomach feels bad. Like there's something i'm missing and I need to find it. Laying here with Beyoncé for days won't do any justice. And I know for a fact that they're tryin to keep me away, but it's not gonna work for long. Beyonce won't let me off of her side, ignoring every question I would throw her way about that night.

I'm too old to be treated like a little girl. It's not fair.

I waited until Yoncé was good and sleep, on her back with a hand in her pants like usual. She sleeps like a little boy, it's cute. Her moles shined from the light through the opened window exposing the outside lights into the room. It was hard not to touch.

"Mm?"

"I want to stay, but I can't." I spoke low, enough for her to hear me talking but not hear what I said clearly. Her eyebrows scrunched a bit in her sleep and when she nodded her head I sighed.

I gave her jaw a kiss, moving it up to her lips before sliding out of her bed. My foot shot pain throughout as soon as I stepped onto the floor making me whimper, limping the best I could to my slippers.

"Oh man." I whispered seeing the messed up slippers. Groaning, I looked around trying to find some other shoes just to see none. Forget it. It won't be the first time i've walked that road with no shoes.

I may have gotten in trouble other times, but this is different....in a way.

"Onika."

Shit. I looked towards the door seeing Anna-Mae standing there. Her hair was big like Beyoncé but a jet black, and it looked silky, healthy. I smiled small. She didn't look like she was sleepin, but wide awake. I hoped she didn't think I was weird or snoopin around.

"Hey, I was just leavin, I-"

"You can't leave, Bunny."

"Well I know it's late but I really gotta." I nervously chuckled holding the gown from my feet. She watched me move around, grabbing my clothes from the two days, but she didn't say anything. It's like I could tell she had somethin to say, but she never did. "Excuse me."

"Bunny...i'm trynna help you. I don't think you wanna go home."

"I don't know what you're talkin about, my Momma wanted me home days ago." I thought maybe if I lied it would do me some good, but it seemed like she knew more than me. What I said went through one of her ears and out the other. We held an intense stare off, seeing if the other would fold first. I couldn't take it. "I just wanna go home Maebell."

"Can we talk? In my room? The sun should be comin up soon. I'll go witcha in the mornin."

"Mae-"

"Please? I have somethin to show you." She held her hand out to me. I huffed, looking back at Beyoncé to see her sleepin just fine. Yoncé would be upset if she heard I was walkin out late again, even though our problem is allegedly dead. Lord knows I hope it's not true. And part of me only wanna leave so I can prove this whole thing wrong.