Amazon Addicted

Phil

I had to stop buying things on Amazon Prime. I have a problem, I know. I bought a jumbo bag of marshmallows earlier. Marshmallows. There's a shop just down the road that I could go to, but instead I went on Amazon for their great two hour shipping within London. It's not like I was particularly busy today, I was just playing Mario Kart with Dan, but there was something so nice about the thought of not having to leave the house.

Do I need marshmallows today? Nope. Not at all. I literally just bought a bag of marshmallows because I could. I mean, sure I like them well enough, but I had no reason to buy them. Oh well. I haven't told Dan yet, hoping that I could get the door quickly and act like it was someone who was lost or something. I haven't thought it all the way through yet, I just know that he can't know. I've gotten something random every single day for the past two weeks. I need help.

After playing a few more rounds of Mario Kart against Dan (and losing), I realized how much time had passed and the fact the neither of us had eaten lunch yet. I looked at the clock and figured that Amazon still had a little over an hour until the two hours were up, so I should be fine if I got up and made lunch for the two of us.

I leaned over to Dan, cuddling into his side, trying to distract him from the game. He didn't say anything, just leaned closer to me and continued playing. I watched his eyebrows scrunch together and he tried to finish in first place. Right as he was about to cross the finish line, he was hit by a blue shell and lost his title of first place. Seeing him frustrated made me giggle. His bottom lip came out the slightest bit as his nostrils flared and his eyes narrowed, glaring at the screen as if that would put him back in first place. I lost it then, full on laughing at his adorable antics and hugging him tighter to me. He smelled nice, like home and happiness. I felt the smile tugging at my lips before I could do anything about it and before I knew it, I felt his lips on mine. My smile only widen at this adorable dork.

"Phiiillll, I'm hungry," he whined after our lips broke apart.

"Let's go make lunch then."

"How about you make lunch and I'll repay you later?" he leaned in suggestively and raised one eyebrow. That little shit. He knew that I always did whatever he wanted when he did that. I held strong though, or at least I tried, but my facade quickly crumpled as I felt his lips on mine again.

"Fine, but you owe me."

"Thanks Philly, I love you," he said as he went back to his game, desperately trying to regain his spot in first place.

"Love you too, Dan," I responded after quickly kissing him and then going to the kitchen to find something to eat.

With all of the noise I was making in the kitchen making lunch, I didn't hear the doorbell ring. All I heard was the barely audible "I'll get it," coming from Dan. I wondered what he was talking about until I heard him talking to the postman. I set the food down quickly and rushed to the door hoping Dan wouldn't look at the small package. I was too late. Before I could even turn around, I could hear his voice behind me.

"Philip Michael Lester, what are we going to do with your Amazon addiction?" he laughed softly under his breath. I could feel my cheeks start to heat up as I faltered trying to explain myself. He handed me the parcel, telling me to open it. I didn't want him to see that I literally just bought a jumbo bag of marshmallows.

"You know, I don't have to open it right now. We should just eat lunch."

"You're telling me that you had the two hour delivery, but you'd rather wait instead of opening it right now?"

"Yep," I responded as I grabbed the plates and moved to the table. I heard a ripping sound as the parcel was being torn. "Daaan, no don't open it!" I tried to grab it out of his hands, but it was no use. He had already opened it.

"You bought marshmallows? What. Why. Phil. You need help."

I grabbed the bag out of his hands and decided to open it and eat a marshmallow. "Yes I bought marshmallows. They're delicious. Plus, the last time I bought marshmallows at the store my pants ripped, so I didn't feel like risking that again, hence why I bought these. And yeah, I do need help, but it's just so much fun ordering things and having them being delivered. I love the anticipation of waiting to get something new, even if it is as lame as a bag of marshmallows."

I was thinking of more ways to try to dig myself out of this hole, but before I knew it, Dan's arms wrapped around my waist and I could feel his smile as he laughed softly. "You're adorable, you know that right?" he whispered into my ear. I gave up trying to crawl out of the hole and just accepted it. I have an Amazon addiction. I should join Amazoners Anonymous.

I heard my stomach make a whale-like noise, reminding me of the food on the table getting cold. Dan laced his fingers with mine as we made it to the table, my shopping addiction quickly put on the back burner as we ate and chatted. As I looked across the table at Dan I was reminded of just how lucky I was to have him in my life. Listening to his thoughts and watching his eyes sparkle, I fell more and more in love with the man in front of me. I've never been so happy to call someone mine.