Do You Wanna Build a Snowdan

Dan

Listen, I hate waking up. I don't care what time it is, I don't care how long I've been asleep, I just don't like waking up in the mornings. I was never a morning person to begin with, but the older I've gotten, the more I love sleep and the less I hate the annoying alarm clock that disturbs my slumber. That being said, Phil is slightly more of a morning person- especially in December. I was just sleeping peacefully when the next thing you know, I'm being awoken with Mariah Carey's rendition of "All I Want For Christmas is You" at full blast and Phil in the shower trying to out-sing her.

I tried blocking out the sound by clamping a pillow over my head, but you can only do that for so long before the air gets stuffy and you need to breathe. I finally accepted my fate and woke up, stumbling out of bed. I managed to sneak into the bathroom and turn down Phil's speakers a bit without him knowing, so there was a bonus to the morning. On my way out of the bathroom I decided to draw a little heart on the steamed up mirror, hoping Phil would see it. I then went back to our room trying to figure out what I was going to wear for the day. I settled on sweatpants and a simple black shirt- it's not like we're going anywhere today. I finished getting ready and turned to leave to go get breakfast ready when Phil walked in with a towel around his waist and humming a Christmas tune. He seemed surprised to see me up and dressed before guilt washed over his features.

"Did I wake you up?" he asked, hiding his face behind his hands.

"Yeah, but it's okay. I was gonna wake up sooner or later anyways."

"Okay good," he looked relieved as he walked over to his wardrobe to pick out his outfit for the day. He decided on a simple sweats and tee combo as well. "Did you have anything in mind for today?"

"Not really, I just thought we could stay in today. It's pretty chilly out and I don't really need anything, but we could go out if you want."

"Nah, I just wanted to stay in too," he said as he pulled a bright blue shirt over his head.

"Cool, I'll go set out our breakfast stuff, then I'll meet you in the lounge, deal?"

"Deal," he said, giving me a quick kiss before I left.

~~

We spent most of the day cuddled together inside watching movies and animes while the fire kept us nice and warm, but around mid-afternoon it began to snow. Phil pulled the curtains back and excitedly pointed at the white flakes dropping from the sky.

"Look, it's sticking! If it keeps it up, we might be able to go play in it soon."

"Phil, we're too old to go play in the snow, and it's not even that deep yet."

"You're never too old to play in the snow, Dan."

I simply shook my head, even though I knew the affectionate smile on my face was betraying me. "Fine, we'll go out and play in it, but it has to be deep enough for us to make a proper snowman."

"Deal!" he exclaimed, smiling joyfully.

~~

A few hours passed and the snowfall continued. Phil came bounding into the room, already dressed in his outdoor gear singing "do you wanna build a snowDAN" and "frosty the snowDAN." Apparently, he likes replacing "snowman" with "snowDAN" and I was just mad there weren't any good festive puns for him besides "Philled with joy." I eventually got my own outdoor gear on as well and we headed for the great outdoors, even if it was just a few steps from the front porch.

"Hey hey hey Phil, do you wanna make a snow PHIL?"

"What the hell is that even supposed to mean?"

"Get it, like snow angel, but a snow Phil, obviously."

"I can't tell if I wanna push you or kiss you more."

"Hmm, I'd go with kiss if I were you," I tried innocently.

"True," he said as he leaned in, but before our lips collided, his hands were on my chest as he shoved me backwards playfully, but being the dumbass I am, I didn't try to steel myself in place, but instead I landed on my ass in the snow. Phil just burst into laughter, not at all reaching down to help. When he finally did offer a hand, while still giggling might I add, I decided to pull him down with me. He landed in the snow next to me and this time it was my chance to laugh.

"How's it feel to be defeated by the one, the only, Dan Howell."

"You're a dork," he muttered between giggles, finally closing the space between our lips.

(A/N each night I update closer and closer to midnight, but hey, it's better than nothing (maybe). But yeah fluffmas day 4/4 can't wait for the last one tomorrow see you then.)