Chilly Cuddles

Dan

Stepping outside is always a pretty bad idea, but it's even worse when it's cold out. Bundling my jacket closer to my body, I held my breath as I stepped out of the house, bracing myself for the onslaught of chills. As expected, the cool air smacked me in the face, sending shivers down my spine. Don't get me wrong, I usually enjoy this time of year, but being forced out of the house for an hour while your boyfriend does who knows what isn't my idea of fun.

Phil's amazing, but forcing me out of the warm house in the middle of winter isn't his best quality. He woke me up this morning by shoving a warm jacket my way before telling me that I had to leave the house immediately for at least an hour. Trying to force myself out of our bed was hard enough, but now here I am with nothing to do except wonder what the hell he's doing.

Walking to the nearest store, I decided to get a few things while I was already out. Trying to remember what we needed, I walked through the aisles slowly. I picked up a few extra bags of marshmallows because Lord knows Phil can't control himself around the fluffed up sugar pillows. After walking up and down every aisle at least three times, my phone finally started buzzing in my pocket.

"Dan, are you ready?"

"Phi, let me come home already you noob."

"Okay okay, but tell me when you're outside so we can walk in together."

I could sense the excitement in his voice, so I played along, even though I had no idea what the fuck he had done. Grabbing my items, I started heading to the check-out register before realizing what I held in my hands and heading for the self check-out part of the store. I didn't feel like explaining why I was buying marshmallows and condoms to someone who would already be assuming I was into some kinky shit like no, my boyfriend just likes marshmallows, and we're almost out of condoms please don't judge me.

After quickly checking out, I made my way back home, still trying to figure out what Phil had done. Sending him a quick text, I waited outside the door in anticipation. Soon enough, the door flung open, and a flushed Phil lounged at me before taking my hand in his and leading me through the house.

Nothing looked much different, maybe a little cleaner, but that's it really. "Are you meaning to tell me that you woke me up and forced me out of the house so you could clean are you serious."He turned towards me and it seemed that only then Phil realized I was holding a bag in my other hand. 

"What's in the bag?"

"Why did you kick me out of the house?"

Hesitation flickered across his face, as if he was seriously going to keep me waiting, when that cheeky little shit retaliated with "I asked first, what's in the bag?"

Giving a defeated huff, I handed the bag over, watching as his eyes lit up with excitement upon seeing so many bags of marshmallows. As he rummaged through the bag, I decided to  take a seat on the couch, getting comfortable in my sofa crease. I had closed my eyes for a good half a second before he flopped onto the couch. Opening the eye closest to him, I saw the cheeky expression on his face, and I've never wanted to slap him more. Then I saw the box in his hands and realized why he was trying to look suggestive.

"Was the grumpy man next to me trying to get lucky tonight?" Flushed, I tried to turn away, but his arms were already around me. "You're cute when you're mad," he whispered into my torso. Admitting defeat, a small chuckle left my mouth. 

"Okay, but will you please tell me why I had to leave?"

"Fiiiine. I wanted to clean up a bit, and I knew that if you were here, I would want to do anything except clean."

"So you're telling me that you woke me up and forced me out of the house on a cold day so that you could clean? Why didn't you just clean while I was sleeping?"

"Oh. I guess I could have done that. Oops."

"You motherf-" Cutting me off with a kiss, good move Lester.

As we parted, he whispered sorry, but I had already forgiven him. I wasn't that angry in the first place, plus I got kisses, so I was pretty good in fact. I leaned into his chest, trying to silently signal that I was fine. He arm draped around me, and I felt safe and warm. I love this nerd.