Lucille

Phil

"Daddy, when did you get your first tattoo?" Lucille asked, gently poking the lion on my forearm.

"You've heard this story before sweetie, are you sure you really wanna hear it again?"

"Yes!" she yelled, cuddling into my side. I put my arm around her, playing with her curly pigtails as I began to tell the tale of my first tattoo. I didn't make it too far before Dan walked in, rolling his eyes playfully.

"Out of all of the stories, you really wanted to hear about the lion tattoo again?" Dan asked, grabbing Lucille from the couch and shaking her in the air playfully, which led to her giggling immensely.

"Yes I love kitty," she managed to get out between giggles.

Dan hugged her close and plopped down on the couch next to me.  "Okay lulu, let's listen to Daddy tell us about kitty."

"Yes! Kitty!" she chanted as I began retelling the story of my first tattoo.

"Okay, so as you know, Dada and I were dating at the time. We used to have this thing where I loved lions and he loved llamas, and it grew to become apart of us. At the time, I was known as someone who would never get a tattoo, so I decided to prove people wrong. And as you can tell, I kept proving them wrong," I said as I gestured towards my full sleeve of tattoos on both arms. "But I decided to get kitty because I knew that it would always remind me of Dada, even if we didn't end up together, which lucky for all of us, we did." I looked up at Dan and winked, which caused his cheeks to turn a slight shade of pink, the same color of his jumper choice today.

Lucille turned to Dan with a confused look on her face. "Dada, why don't you have any tattoos?"

He smiled fondly before answering. "I guess I'm too indecisive. If I ever got one, I would want it to be important, like yours and daddy's names, but I would have no idea what font or design or anything. It takes me too long to make decisions, and they hurt, and I'm not good with pain."

She seemed to take that into consideration, now turning back to me. "Daddy, did yours hurt?"

I decided to answer truthfully- it makes no sense to lie to her, especially about painful things. "Some of them did, yeah, but some other ones were easier. It all depends on where you get it and how big it is. There's lots of different factors that go into how much pain a tattoo causes. But I don't regret any of them. Each of them have their own story and meaning behind them, and that's all that really matters."

"I want a tattoo," she exclaimed, causing Dan and I to chuckle.

"You're a bit too young now, but if you still want one when you're older, go ahead and get one. As long as you love it, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks," I told her.

"Plus, we'll still love you, no matter what you do, and nothing can ever change that," Dan told her before hugging her tightly.

"I love you too," she replied, reaching out to bring me into the group hug that was quickly forming. She broke the hug a few seconds later, squirming out of our grasps and running out of the room, yelling "I'll be right back!" on her way out.

"She's something special isn't she," I whispered to Dan. He leaned back against my chest, intertwining our fingers together. 

"Yeah, she's just the best. Let's get another one, what do you say? Maybe we should get her a little brother soon."

"Are you sure about this? The adoption process is long and emotional."

"Yes, and it's so worth it. We wouldn't have her if it wasn't for the agency. What do you say?"

"Let's do it." I leaned down to kiss his forehead, but he was too quick, sitting up and pulling me into a kiss. We pulled apart and I was greeted by the largest, dimply grin. It was then that Lucille ran back into the room, waving a sheet a paper.

"Look I drew us!" She proudly showed us the drawing, which showed the three of us happily in front of Dan's flower shop, and a dog in the corner.

Dan pointed at the dog, "Who's that?"

"That's fluffy. He's our doggy and we love him."

"But Lulu, we don't have a doggy," Dan said tentatively. 

"I know. But I want one."

"Maybe we'll get a dog one day," I said.

"Why not today?" Lucille asked.

Dan looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, why not today?" he asked with an eager glint in his eye.

I took a moment to consider it before deciding that nothing can go wrong. I work from home online most days, and Dan's schedule is flexible since he owns the flower shop. Plus, Lucille isn't in school yet, so she and I would be around all the time to take care of the dog. "You know what? Let's go get a dog."

(A/N: Hello friends I did a twitter poll and it kept tying between a parent!phan fic and a punk!phil/pastel!dan fic, so bam- I combined them. Also, I recently got my own first tattoo, so I love mentioning mine/tattoos in general and I feel like it's literally all I talk about, even if my parents don't know about it yet.. If you wanna see what it looks like hmu on twitter my @ is eagerhowell and it's my pinned but yeah hope this didn't make you wanna die as much as it made me lol love giving myself emotions when I write fluff ok this is too long and ramble-y bye)