A Chat With An Old Friend

Kai’s POV:

After our little dinner, I decided to make a phone call. I went into my room and locked the door then walked into the corner of my room so no one heard me, and by no one I meant Maddi. I dialed a number I hadn’t used in a while since I’d been in America for so long. After a couple rings, someone answered.

Hello my name is Mi-Hyun. How may the Yong Sun San help you today?”

Hello. I would like to make a reservation for tomorrow night at 7:30 please.

Well it looks like we do not have any spots open, let’s see. What is your name?”

My name is Kim JongIn, but please call me Kai.” The phone went silent for a little.

Kai… as in… the Kpop band Exo-K?” She stuttered waiting to either scream her head off or be disappointed.

Yes ma’am.” I heard the scream even as I pulled the phone an arm length away from me. After a couple seconds of silence I put the phone back to my ear. “Ma’am?”

It looks like a spot opened up right here at 7:30 exactly. So how many will there be? Should I save six seats for the rest of the group?” I chuckled at her eagerness.

Actually no. We have seven members now, by the way, but the reservation is only for two please. Thank you so much.”

No thank you Ki… I mean Kai.” She giggled like the fangirl she was. I laughed then hung up. Maddi will be so happy to go to such a fancy restaurant with none other than me. As I smiled to myself and did a little happy dance in my head, I heard a knock on my door.

Come in.” The door opened revealing a blushing Baekhyun.

Hey Kai, can I ask you for some… *cough cough* woman advice?” This kid was so cute. I almost let out a laugh, but I didn’t want to embarrass the boy even more.

Of course Baekhyun. Who is the lucky girl?” I sat on my bed and he soon followed my same actions.

Maddi’s friend Deonne. I really like her, but I doubt she likes me back. I don’t know what to do.”

Well, have you asked her if she liked you?”

No. We text all the time though, but maybe because she pities me. Oh my god I’m pathetic.” I widen my eyes at how worried he was. I’ve never seen him like this.

B, just tell her.” He thought for a little, but then nodded and pulled out his phone. “You are going to do it over text?” He looked at me like I was retarded.

No, of course not. I’m texting her to see if she wants to video chat tonight. Duh.” Within minutes Baekhyun’s phone went off and he looked sad. “She is web chatting with Maddi right now.