Chapter 9 : Touch of Fear ( 16+ )

A cruel touch,

a harsh demand,

A spirit torn,

a body bent,

A soul that yearns to be set free.

Bound by fear,

in endless night,

Yet in the dark, a hidden grace.

.
.
.
.
.

O

ne evening, when Damon was away, Anawin carefully opened the diary. He knew he couldn't write anything that would directly alert Damon, but he could start laying the groundwork for his escape. He decided to test the diary's power in small, unnoticed ways.

He wrote about finding a small, hidden compartment in his room where he could stash anything he might need.

As the ink dried, Anawin felt a slight shift in the air. He searched the room and, sure enough, found a loose stone in the wall that revealed a small hollow space. It was barely large enough to hold a few items, but it was a start.

Anawin Whispering to himself  "It worked... now I just need to be careful."

Then something unexpected happened his heart pounded as he heard a gentle knock on the gate. Fear gripped him, thinking it might be Damon.

He stayed silent, hoping whoever it was would go away. But the knock persisted, soft yet insistent. Gathering his courage, he cautiously approached the gate and peered through a small opening.

Standing there was a woman he had never seen before. She had an aura of strength and Darkness just like damon but different that was both reassuring and intimidating. Sensing his fear, she spoke in a calm, gentle voice, "I am All Might. I have no intention of hurting you."

Anawin remained wary but stepped back to allow her in. All Might entered and looked around, her presence filling the room with an unusual warmth. "I can communicate with souls and make allies," she explained. "As I am also a soul, I can help you without Damon noticing any shift in Limbo."

Anawin's eyes widened with a mixture of hope and confusion. "How can you help me?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

All Might smiled gently. "By teaching you how to use your connections with other souls. Together."

Anawin felt a glimmer of hope spark within him. He nodded slowly, his mind racing with possibilities. "What do I need to do?" he asked, his voice trembling with anticipation.

All Might's smile broadened, a reassuring gesture that steadied Anawin's nerves. "First, you must learn to trust in the power of your connections. Every soul you encounter has the potential to become an ally. You need to start by reaching out and communicating with them, just as you did with the diary."