Chapter 8 : Shame. Power. All might.

Stop the Harrow

I don't know

If I will even see a

Tomorrow

.

.
.
.
.

After the night of ecstasy

Anawin awoke to the dim, cold light of Limbo filtering through the heavy curtains. The room was silent, save for the occasional creaks settling.

The previous night’s events weighed heavily on him, a mixture of shame, fear, and a strange sense of solace lingering in his mind.

Damon's presence was palpable even when he wasn’t in the room, a dark shadow that loomed over every thought and movement.

As he slowly sat up, he felt the grimy remnants of sweat and tears on his skin. His clothes clung to him uncomfortably, a stark reminder of his imprisonment.

The room, with its oppressive silence and decaying walls, felt like a cage closing in around him. Anawin's eyes darted around, searching for any sign of the diary.

It was a relic from his old life, a life that seemed so distant now.

Yet, with Damon constantly watching him, the diary felt more like a trap than a tool for escape.

The door creaked open, and Anawin’s heart sank. Damon entered, his presence immediately sucking the warmth from the room.

He stood tall, his eyes cold and calculating, his lips curled into a mocking smile.

"Anawin," Damon said, his voice dripping with false sweetness. "I trust you slept well"

Anawin swallowed hard, his hand instinctively covering the diary. "As well as can be expected," he replied, trying to keep his voice steady.

Damon’s gaze was piercing, probing Anawin’s soul. "You look tired. Weak. Filthy, even. Perhaps you're beginning to understand your place here."

Anawin tried to muster some semblance of defiance. "I understand more than you think."

Damon stepped closer, his smile not reaching his eyes. "You know, Anawin, I’ve always wondered where the thoughts came from. Care to share?"

"No," Anawin said, more forcefully than he intended. "It's private."

Damon's smile widened, a predator's smile. "Privacy is such a fragile thing, especially here in Limbo. But I’ll respect your little sanctuary... for now.."

Anawin Glared at him.

Damon’s smile widened, revealing a hint of cruelty. "Oh, I doubt that. You see, Limbo has a way of breaking even the strongest spirits. And you, Anawin, are far from strong."