Chapter 21 : The Start Of them ( 18+ )

I saw you hurt,

I saw you hurt,

It wasn't my fault,

Yet, I wanted to fix that.

The day I saw you,

My heart flew,

I was trapped for you,

In a view so true.

Forbidden Fruit,

It was delight.

Oh, only pure feelings, I had.
.
.
.
.
.

Damon’s words hung heavy in the air, a stark contrast to the warmth in Anawin's eyes. Suddenly, He turned away, his back stiff, and began to walk away.

"Wait," Anawin called out, his voice filled with concern. "Please, let's talk about this. You said we should"

Damon halted, but didn't turn around. His voice was cold and distant when he spoke. "There's nothing to talk about, Anawin. You're wasting your time. Stop thinking about what i said!"

Anawin persisted, gently. "I understand if you're hesitant. But please, give me a chance to show you that I care."

Damon scoffed. "Care? What do you know about care? You're an angel, for crying out loud. You've never experienced true pain."

Anawin's expression didn't waver. "I may not have experienced your pain, but I can understand your suffering. Empathy is not exclusive to mortals."

Damon turned to face him, his eyes filled with a mixture of anger and disbelief. "You don't know what it's like to be seen as a Demon, to be feared and reviled."

Anawin stepped closer, his voice soft but firm. "I know what it's like to be different, to be judged for something beyond your control. That's why I want to understand you, to help you."

Damon's heart pounded in his chest. He wanted to believe Anawin, but his past experiences had taught him to be wary.

"How can you help me?" he asked, his voice laced with skepticism.

Anawin's eyes held a steady gaze. "I can listen, I can offer support, and I can be a friend."

Damon looked away, his mind racing. He didn't know what to believe. Part of him wanted to push Anawin away, to protect himself from further disappointment.

But another part of him yearned for connection, for someone to understand him.

"I don't know," he muttered, his voice barely audible.