Chapter 31 : Malice

For this is the end

I've drowned and dreamt this moment

So overdue, I owe them

Swept away, I'm stolen

.
.
.
.
.

Malvex's eyes gleamed with sinister satisfaction as the shadows around him pulsed with a dark, suffocating energy.

The power he had craved for so long was now his, coursing through Anawin’s body—his new vessel.

"Ah, the taste of freedom," Malvex hissed, flexing Anawin's fingers, reveling in the raw strength that rippled beneath the surface. "It’s intoxicating, Liora. Everything I lost... everything I was denied... has returned tenfold."

Liora, her eyes wide with admiration and fervor, stepped closer, her devotion unwavering. "Master, your reign will be glorious. The realms will bow before you."

Malvex tilted his head, surveying the empty space around them, his lips curling into a cold, cruel smile. "Bow? Oh, Liora, they will do more than that. They will crawl. They will grovel at my feet, begging for mercy that will never come."

He took a step forward, his every movement deliberate, as though testing the limits of Anawin’s body. Malvex could feel the remnants of Anawin’s essence deep within, struggling, weak and pathetic. It amused him how easily the god had fallen.

"The Creator," Malvex mused aloud, his voice a venomous whisper. "That ancient fool thinks balance is eternal. That power belongs only to the righteous." He scoffed, his grin widening. "But the Creator will soon see—chaos is the true order of the realms. Balance is a lie."

Liora’s smile widened, eager to prove her loyalty once more. "What shall we do next, Master? Damon will come for you... for Anawin."

Malvex’s grin twisted into something darker, more vicious. "Ah, Damon." He paused, savoring the name like a predator savoring the scent of prey.

"The broken lover. The fool who believes love is a weapon. He clings to Anawin like a drowning man to driftwood, thinking he can save him."

Malvex's eyes flared with a malevolent glow. "But Damon will learn soon enough that his precious Anawin is gone—swallowed by the void. I will relish watching him break. His screams will be music to my ears."

Liora’s pulse quickened, her excitement palpable. "And when Damon is broken... what then?"

"Then," Malvex purred, "we tear down the Celestial Court. We drag the gods from their thrones and make them kneel. Every star in the sky will burn out. Every realm will collapse into darkness, leaving only the void... and me."

Malvex extended his hand, and the shadows responded instantly, swirling around him like living creatures, hungry and eager to obey his will.

The air grew colder, and the oppressive silence of Limbo was punctuated by a low, menacing hum.
.
.
.
.
.
The Main hall echoed with the sound of Damon's ragged breaths, the walls towering above him as if they were closing in.