ELEVEN

"Whom do we have here?" Lauren says in a teasing voice at Jimin who is in his usual corner seat at the coffee shop, eyes looking at the outside world mind somewhere else until he hears Lauren's voice.

"Oh hey" he softly says

"You okay?" She questions after observing him

"Not really" he honestly tells

"Let me get you your usual"

"No need, i don't want it"

"Is it similar to yesterday's reason for not being able to sleep?"

"Hm?"

"The reason you are like this now"

"Yes, it is the same thing, i just want to forget and find another way to tackle it"

"Any plans on how to forget?"

"Finding something that will make me relax and, that is why i am here, i want you to accompany me" Jimin simply says taking Lauren aback for a split second.

"You want me to accompany you?"

"Mhm"

"But i have work"

"Make an excuse" he shrugs

"I can't believe you, but i will" she chuckles before going to talk to the one in charge leaving Jimin with something close to a smile.

* * *

"Archery?" Lauren asks as she looks back with a puzzled gaze at Jimin who is looking back at her unfazed, hands deep in his pants pocket.

LAUREN'S POV

"You cannot be for real" i say at an unfazed Jimin who just replies back to me with "i am"

"Won't this stress you even more if you keep losing?" I asked, this is his definition of something to make him relax, playing with bows and arrows, great.

"I thought we would be going somewhere relaxing, you know what i mean?" I say

"This is the place for me" he shrugs before continuing "now, stop complaining and try hitting the bullseye" he hands me a bow and an arrow, slightly brushing his fingers with mine and that made me feel something.

"I don't know how to" i say without thinking making him tilt his head before observing my form in a way that made me feel sweaty in my palms "you look like the type to know, must have judged a book by its cover i guess" he says with a shrug 'judge a book by its cover.'

"Just try then, if you win, i will buy you a meal, deal?" He says with a smirk making me return one of my own "deal"

With that deal being sealed, i position my body in a way i feel like is going to make me aim and hit my target while trying hard not to pay attention to Jimin's eyes on me, something is wrong today and i think he feels it too. I stretch the bow with the arrow on it and release and it lands nowhere near the bullseye making Jimin chuckle mockingly and i give him a glare.

"It won't change anything" he refers to my glare, taking another arrow, i repeat the same action and obtained the same results, instead of chuckling, he laughs but it comes out low and soft making my insides warm, this is the first time i am hearing that, it is not a full laughter but it is BEAUTIFUL, I am just standing there frozen and looking at him as if i am out of my mind, i look down once he comes close to me.

"Let me help"

Jimin says before turning my body to fully face where the target is again by my shoulders and he wraps his arms around me as if back hugging my form. My heart starts beating louder than normal and i feel an electric current 'does he realize this or not?' I ask myself in my mind, then he speaks "eyes on the target" it comes out like a soft whisper making me unconsciously close my eyes as his breath hits my neck and making me gulp.

"Position the bow and arrow like this" he says in the same soft whisper as his hands caress my forearm before stopping where my hands are holding the bow and arrow, again 'does he realize the skin ship happening here?' I continue to question my self while in thoughts, everything else mutes around me as my body continues to heat up.

Why am i being affected? I am sure he does not even realize what he is doing and i should not get carried away either, i can't get carried away, this is dangerous, this proximity and this comfortable feeling, even this friendship. Don't do this Lauren, stop it before it gets stronger to the point were it will ruin both yourself and him or maybe you alone because it looks like you are becoming attached.

"Hm" i am pulled out of my thoughts as Jimin hums near my ear "hm?" I hum back at him before turning my head to look at him MISTAKE, our faces become mere inches away from each other, i can feel his breath and i am sure he can feel mine, my eyes have plans of their own as they land on his plump, beautiful, tempting kissable lips "no Lauren!! No!!" I internally scream at myself and force my eyes to look back at his face, my heart skips and breath hitch seeing him obviously staring at my lips before pulling himself away from me breaking the skin contact we had and i think now i can breathe.

"Hm, you did not hear any of that did you?" He asks, so the hum was to get my attention? He must have realized i zoned out "i... I got it" i lied through my teeth, i did not hear any of it.

"Show me" he says crossing his arms and moving backwards to watch me, i position my body again and try to recall what he was teaching me but nothing comes to my mind making me groan in frustration before releasing the arrow and of course, same results.

"I knew it" he scoffs playfully before coming to take the bow and arrow from me "watch how its done" he says with a teasing smile and i move aside to watch him and obviously his arrow hits the bullseye, typical.

"Of course" he says while waving at an invisible audience and receiving a playful eye roll from me, i have never seen this side of him, maybe he is really bringing out his caged being, i must say, it is a satisfying site.

"This is a rare site" it comes out unintentional, he looks at me and asks "What is?"

"You laughing comfortably and ready to have fun"

"That is because i feel like it"

"Why?" It comes out as a whisper but audible enough

"Including Alex and my mom, you just brought it out"

That revelation made me feel all kinds of emotions and i feel it bite at my chest and making me weak. I bite my lip to prevent myself from crying, something i haven't done in so long.

"What's your next plan?" I ask in a cheerful voice to change the topic, it looks like Jimin caught on because he composes himself, i think he caught himself off guard.

"Lets see your definition of relaxing" he says making me chuckle.

"Okay then Mr. Jimin, lets go"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading, i appreciate y'all 💜