TWELVE

"Woah" Jimin lets out in a small whisper making me smile as we stand by the cliff and observe the sunset and how the city looks so quiet yet busy with different people doing their own thing.

"You like it?" I ask not taking my eyes from the view "it is really a relaxing site" i feel his eyes on me and i feel something yet again "this is where i come whenever i feel down like, i can't take it anymore, my past haunting me, where i can freely showcase my vulnerable self..... When i don't want to be disturbed, when i want to get away from people.." I compose myself as soon as i feel my eyes getting watery, looking up at Jimin, i find him still staring but he says nothing.

I should never have let that out, maybe he felt uncomfortable "in my mom's lap is where i try to get away" he suddenly speaks catching me off guard "whenever i feel like that, i go to her, though i don't fully get the peace i am seeking sometimes, but it helps and i appreciate that, a lot" he finishes while looking in my eyes and i can feel my self melt. A feeling i have never felt before yet here i am feeling just that, he understands where i am coming from and i think i understand where he is coming from as well, that makes me smile at him and surprisingly he smiles back, his smile matching mine. What is this Lauren?

"Do you think, we will survive it?" I ask and he looks at the sky, i can't help but study his jawline and how unreal he looks with the way his hair is dancing around whenever the wind brushes past us "we will" he says in a way it sounds like he is convincing himself more, Jimin inhales the now night air and exhales before saying "you should try what i just did, it's worth it" i chuckle before doing as he says, inhaling and exhaling. A shiver runs down my spine as i feel his hand taking mine and leading me back to where the car has been parked.

"We are going already?"

"No, i want us to sit on the roof" he says with a smile "are you sure?" I ask and without hesitation he answers "very" sighing, i agree with him, opening  the car door, he goes first then extends his hand for me to take "i can do this without your help you know?" I tease and he smirks with a playfulness in his eyes "oh really? I like me some challenge, show me." He takes back his hand allowing me to show him that i can get on that roof without any problem just like he did and guess what? I did.

"I underestimated you it seems" he lets out and i flip my hair in an elegant way.

"You surely did" he laughs, a beautiful sound making me laugh along with him and i notice how his eyes disappeared.

"Now what?" I inquire

"We admire the starry night he says while laying down making his one arm support his head and he looks at me "for a better view" that's all it takes to make me imitate his act and we stay like that with a comfortable silence between us.

* * *

After staying like that for i don't know how long, a question comes to my mind and i blurt it out without thinking first "won't your wife wonder where you are?" That felt awkward, turning to my side, i find him staring "wife?" He asks "girlfriend then?" I continue to embarrass myself, great. Jimin laughs a little before saying "i never knew i had one"

"Huh?"

"Huh?" He teases making me feel like burning up "what wife or girlfriend are you talking about?"

"The other day on the phone, i heard a feminine voice... Calling you..... Sweetie"

(Silence)

Then laughter breaks out, Jimin laughs so hard that i almost got furious, i just stared at him until he calmed down "really Lauren? That was my mom" oh wow, second hand embarrassment Lauren "and do you really think i would be out here this late with another woman knowing fully well my wife or girlfriend is waiting for me back at home? I have not experienced or dated before, but i know better." He finishes and i just bury my face in my hands, why did i question him? I should have kept those thoughts to myself, i am never like this, careless with my thoughts but it looks like that changed.

"I should have known better" Jimin laughs again at me "you really should have, do you have a husband or boyfriend?" He asks "why?" I asks back "i want to know who will come for my head because you will go home late, the husband or the boyfriend" he shrugs as he sits up with a playful smile.

"Husband" i let out and he looks down at me, the smile falling "oh" that's all he says before looking ahead "i should drop you off then" he adds, all the playfulness disappearing into thin air.

"I am kidding jeez" i laugh and he looks at me again with a done face making me laugh harder "you should have seen your face" i continue as he lays back down and we are at eyes level "i am just as single."

"That is not funny"

"Why?"

"It just isn't"

"Okay am sorry"

We stare at each other and i just get lost in those beautiful eyes of his, with how alluring they look and my eyes land on those plump kissable lips of his again i gulp as i see his expression mirroring mine. I find myself inching closer to him as he does the same 'why am i getting closer?' This seems wrong but i don't find myself looking away, there is tension in the air and i am sure he can feel it too. I feel his hot breath as he speaks in a husky whisper.

"This is not okay"

"It isn't" i respond in the same tone, everything feels hot that my heartbeat accelerates.

Unconsciously, our fingers brush sending another shiver down my spine as if the one sent before was not enough yet we continue getting closer and closer and our noses almost touching, i guess this is it..........

Ring Ring, his phone rings making us flinch, what were we about to do? Jimin looks at me as we sit up "that was uh... Unintentional, we..." The phone rings again before he continues and he does not have to, i know what he wants to say and i understand because i agree with him. Jimin answers the call as i stare at his side profile.

"Yes Alex?" He says while massaging his forehead to the person on the other end whom i assume his name is Alex and soon he halts his movement as his body visibly tense up.

"What happened to mom?" He asks before continuing "on my way" with that being said he gets off as i follow.

"I will drop you off Lauren, i need to rush to my mom."

"Okay, calm down" he nods but his actions contrast to it, whatever happened to his mom, i just hope she is okay and he drives off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating sooner 💜