EIGHTEEN

After Alex and Jimin were done with the discussion they had in the middle of the night, they made their way to their respective rooms but in all honesty, Jimin was unable to sleep, he kept thinking about the new information from Alex and at some point he recalled the dream he had about himself with Lauren and it made it difficult for him to sleep.

Time went by and it is already noon , Alex makes his way up the stairs to his room in Jimin's house where he spends the night whenever he comes to Jimin's house. As he is ascending, his phone vibrates and he takes it out to see a text from Ara, he can't help but smile at that.

"Hey" the text reads and he replies "hello, how are you?"

"I am good and yourself?"

"Always better" he replies with a big smile on his face which soon disappears after reading her next text.

"Can you please send me Jimin's number, i really want to talk to him."

Alex pauses for a second, he never imagined that Ara would be asking for Jimin's number but then again, it could be because there is something important she wants to tell him, nothing more to it.

"Why?" Alex asks without thinking

"It is because i want it Alex, send it please."

"Tell me why first."

"Are you sending it or not?"

"What is it with you two these days?"

"Forget it, i will asks Mrs. Kang, i have a lot to do and you aren't helping, should have done this long ago, good day Alex."

Alex stands there looking at Ara's typed words, he feels a pang of jealousy but he brushes it off because he has not yet confirmed that there is something going on between Ara and Jimin, he thinks he is being childish right now, he is sure he likes Ara but that does not mean she cannot or should not interact with males including his friend. Putting his phone back in his pants pocket, he continues his way to his room but stops again after hearing the sound of laughter.

"Jimin?" Alex asks himself, puzzled and curious, Alex is shocked, Jimin has never been the type to laugh out loud like this, what is making him laugh? Alex turns his feet and slowly approaches Jimin's room.

Through the slightly open door, Alex sees Jimin sitting on his bed and it looks like he is on a phone call, wide smile on his face as he subconsciously plays with his beddings.

"What is going on?" Alex whispers to himself and his mind drifts off to Ara, she wanted Jimin's number, could it be she is the one on the other end? Taking his phone out, Alex calls Ara, his mind telling him to do so, instead of an answer from Ara, a voice is heard telling him the number he is trying to call is busy at the moment.

He stares at his phone screen for a second mind thinking of different theories that could be possible about Jimin and Ara but he still tries to convince himself not to think too much, there is nothing serious going on between himself and Ara anyways and he should be happy Jimin is sitting there laughing so lively.

Alex's train of thoughts is disturbed as he hears Jimin speak "you miss me that much huh?" A teasing tone evident from his voice, Alex can swear his heart skipped painfully, he turns to leave and just then, Jimin ends his call with a chuckle before speaking "oh Alex hey."

Alex looks back at Jimin who is looking back at him, excitement evident in his posture "come on in, why stand there?"

"I.... I didn't want to disturb you, it looked like you were on an important call."

"You okay?" Jimin inquires after observing Alex for a while.

"I am fine"

"Come in then, you are acting formal" Jimin chuckle and  Alex makes his way to Jimin's bed, sitting down next to him.

"Can i ask you something?" Jimin questions after a while and Alex hums, Jimin clears his throat, nervousness not even trying to hide "go on Jimin" Alex encourages, curiosity coming back to him, Jimin looks nervous, nervous?

"Uh.... Ho.... Wait" Jimin pauses for a second and Alex tries to suppress his chuckle, seeing Jimin like this is somehow funny to him, he almost forgets about his suspicions regarding Ara and Jimin until Jimin speaks again.

"How do you know you like someone?"

(Silence)

The two men in the room look at each other with no word exchanged, Jimin waiting for an answer while Alex zones out.

"Alex? Tell me" Jimin reminds, bringing Alex back.

"You... You think you like someone?"

"Maybe, i don't know how this works okay?"

"Does she make you happy?"

"She makes me feel a lot and i want to stay close to her, it feels good when i am with her and it is....... I don't know, exciting." Jimin finishes with a shrug, he has never felt like this and the only person he could trust to share this with is Alex.

"You do...... You like her"

Jimin's heart skips a beat and his hands go sweaty "do i really?" He asks in a whisper, he has a doubt about it, being so inexperienced in this field is making him think otherwise and he thinks maybe he likes her as a friend and nothing more than that.

"Don't rush it though, give yourself time to truly understand those feelings, hm?"

"Hm, thank you" Jimin agrees

"Who is she if i may ask?"

Jimin looks down and  stays quiet for a while, looking back at Alex who looks like is waiting for examination results, he prepares to speak but his phone dings attracting their attention, there is a text that reads "hey Jimin, Ara here, lets meet tomorrow once you are free."

Alex looks away, trying to ignore the whispers in his head telling him something is going on between Ara and Jimin, even if something is going on, he should be happy right? Jimin is his friend, and it is not like Jimin knew or knows Ara is his crush, he has never spoken about it to anyone.

'Stop whatever you are feeling Alex, be happy for Jimin, whether the girl he is talking about is Ara or not, Jimin is your friend and you know he deserves to be happy and feel love' Alex tells himself internally and takes a deep breath before smiling at his friend who just finished typing back to Ara agreeing to meet her tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope this is okay 💜