SIXTEEN

LAUREN'S POV

Taking all the ingredients i needed and leaving them on the counter, i proceeded to the sink to wash my hands before i start baking, today i am in a very good mood after the phone call with Jimin last night, i felt light, i felt a connection with him, i don't know if it is too early but i think i am attracted to him even more and it is scaring me.

As i start to mix the ingredients, the doorbell goes off and i make my way to the door, opening it, i am greeted by a dashing Jimin with a smile on his lips, i suddenly had the urge to hug him but i had to resist "what a surprise, come in." I say as i make way for him, walking in, Jimin makes himself comfortable on the couch "i thought of coming to see you all of a sudden, hope you don't mind." Jimin says "i don't, make yourself comfortable, i am in the kitchen baking and you can wait right?" I say with a smile before adding.

"What should i offer you?"

"I don't want anything right now, you said you are baking? Mind if i join?"

"You want to join?"

"Mhm"

"Okay then"

We both make our way to the kitchen, handing him an apron which surprisingly fits him perfectly and he looks mesmerizing "you know how to bake?" I inquire and Jimin grins before shaking his head "nope, you will teach me."

"You cannot be for real."

"I am" he says making me chuckle in amusement.

We begun the process, every now and then i would be telling Jimin what to do and not do, he looks like he is having fun, a smile on his face making me smile too. We finish and put the cake in the oven "well that was fun" Jimin says and i have to admit it was and i am glad i had it with him. I don't know why i did what i did but i took some flour in my hand and smear it on Jimin's cheek making him gasp as i laugh because he looked younger than his age when he gasped and it was cute.

"You did not just do that"

"Oops"

"I cannot be the only one having this on my face" he says while reaching for the flour on the counter and i quickly take it.

"Oh no you don't"

"Give it Lauren" he says while coming close to me but i move away "i won't do that"

"I said give it" he once again says and we found each other running in circles around the counter, him trying to get the bag of flour in my hand and i, preventing that from happening.

Coming to a halt, i put the bag in one of the kitchen drawers and lock it while trying to catch my breath "really Lauren?" Jimin lets out as he tries catching his breath too "you aren't smearing flour on me."

"You think?" He questions, his aura changing as he locks his eyes with mine and starts moving close to where i am standing, the room falls silent, the only thing i could hear is my own heart beat, i couldn't move, i couldn't bring myself to move and my breath hitches, what follows after is skin contact, his cheek finds place on my cheek and i find myself closing my eyes.

He rubs his cheek on mine gently and agonizingly slow, i feel hot like really hot this proximity ain't doing me good, to add to it, he just had to be smelling good. His hand finds its way to my waist causing a shiver run down my spine and soon his eyes find mine, i see him visibly gulp making me feel hotter than hot, i unconsciously grip his arm due to nervousness but he seems unfazed by the tight grip. Jimin leans in and i close my eyes waiting for what is to happen, happen and i hear him whisper near my ear "mission, accomplished." With that he moves away leaving me puzzled.

"W.... What?"

"You have flour on you." He says while tapping his own cheek with a stupid grin on his face, am i disappointed that what i was anticipating is not what happened? Hell yeah, i was about to say something when my phone starts ringing making me groan and Jimin chuckles, seeing the caller ID, i turn to Jimin before telling him "check the cake, i need to take this" he nods and i make my way out of the kitchen but i am sure i heard him say 'why would you do that Jimin?'

* * * 

SEOUL POLICE STATION

Kim Seokjin is seated in his chair as the head, sipping his coffee before saying.

"So, it looks like there is nothing against Park Jimin so far."

"But we can't just give up" Hyun-jin states.

"I know" Seokjin says before adding "but, it looks like he is not the only one we are to deal with, according to the information provided, there is a person threatening Park Jimin, it could be about business or something to do with the case we are on."

"So what's next?" Hyun-jin questions

"Finding evidence against Park Jimin continues at the same time, finding out who that person is because he can be just as dangerous."

Moving his gaze to the lady who has been silent though out and is seated at the far end of the table, a thinking expression on her face Seokjin asks "what do you say?" He directs the question to her bringing her back from her thoughts.

"Okay" that is all she says and nothing more.

SOMETIME AGO

Josh seats behind the computer in his room eyes glued on the screen as he looks at the red dot moving. Josh still has suspicions when it comes to Ara so he decided to follow her every move, knowing what she is doing and where she is going. He knows it is illegal because he is stalking, but right now, that is what he finds suitable in this situation so he had to insert a tiny tracker on her phone case that could be covered once the phone is put on it.

The red dot stops moving, making him sit up, alert, he waits for it to move again but it does not "why stop?" He mumbles as he zooms in the location and a puzzled expression makes its way to his face.

"What the hell is she doing there?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

💜