Chapter 12

Evening at Sharma House

Congratulations Duffer

Congratulations Piyuuuuu

Congratssss Partner

Congratulations but who's the lucky boy

Piya shared the news of her upcoming wedding with her friends on a video call. On hearing the news everyone of them congratulated her in their own style. The last wishes and the question was from Misha.

Piya bites her lips in shyness and nervousness. She is delighted to introduce Aryansh as her would-be husband. The word "Husband" makes her feel content and at the same time magical because she will be marrying the person she loves with the blessings of their parents. Her heart is excited, and eyes twinkle with happiness..

W..el..l you gu...ys al..r..ea..dy m..et hi....m

She replied to them in pauses as if they were waiting to scramble the sentence.

What?

You already met him

Her friends get confused and start thinking who's the mysterious yet known he. Their flashbacks went to the college days and the names which came out of their mouths are motivating for Piya to hit them with a frying pan.

Is it Vivek? the one who used to roam behind you with a proposal, Shruti says.

Noooooo, Piya makes a weird face on her suggestion.

Is it Rahul? the one with whom you did a ramp walk in the college, Rati adds.

Nooo, Piya slaps her forehead in frustration.

Is it.... Before Misha can say anything Piya interrupts and shouts

No one from the college

Okay.... Again everyone starts thinking and comes with the names.

Is it Mahesh? the one who was your neighbor a few years back? Khushboo asks

Not he!

Is it Manoj? the one who is your dad's friend's son? He once dropped you to the college, Rati adds

Nooo and he is happily married

Piya gets annoyed with their replies and understands that these bunch of fools are of no use so she has to reveal the name by herself. They can never be trusted to be the part of any guess the name game.

Is it......

Before Misha can suggest another name, Piya interrupts and reveals the name

It is my boss, Aryansh Shekhawat. I'm getting married to him.

That's not fair, I didn't get the chance to guess both the times, Misha pouts

Would you have guessed?

Piya asks Misha who sheepishly smiles and nodes her head saying no.

How? The other three asks

Well... We....

Now it's time for Piya to fumble as she never shared about her love life with them. She is afraid of their reaction now. It makes her feel bad that she never brought the topic of Aryansh in front of them.

They both fell in love and are now getting married.

Siya, who enjoyed their conversation till now drops the bomb on their head without any fear.

Siya. Out of my room now, Piya shouts at her.

Haww, why didn't you share it with us?

The chorus came from Piya's phone. Once Siya leaves the room after showing tongue to Piya, she turns the face towards them and says.

It just happened and things were not good in between us sometime back so I didn't share. Don't be angry pleaseee.

Hmmm, okay but when are meeting our Jeeju, Khushboo asks

Next to next Sunday. My Roka will happen so you all can meet him there.

Great....

Mere yaar ki shaadi hain

The girls start singing from their phones making her blush and later they start talking about the wedding preparations.

At Shekhawat Mansion

The Shekhawat family is having dinner and Aryansh joins them in a happy mood.

I talked with Rekhaji (Piya's mother) and next to next Sunday is the good day to do the Roka (marriage fix ceremony as per the hindu tradition), Aryansh's mother shares the information with everyone.

Congratulations Bhai, soon you will forsake the bachelorhood, Atharv says getting everyone's attention.

We will do a grand wedding, Aryansh's grandfather says.

Yeah, the baby marshmallow will ride the horse

Ajay Shekhawat adds his own comment to tease Aryansh. Everyone in the house laughs at Aryansh's nickname.

What? Marshmallow? No way.

Aryansh never liked that name but it's his mother who gave that name so he unwantedly accepted it. Only for her. Other than his mother, no one calls him with that name. Not even his father.

Stop teasing our marshma.... I mean Aryansh, Ajay

Digvijay Shekhawat says to his son while laughing.

Daddu please. You don't start now.

Sneha, have they told where they will be doing the ceremony.

Yeah, the ceremony will be in a hotel with close family and friends, Sneha answers.

*************************

Sharma's House

Piya's mother is sitting with the list assigning tasks to ensure that nothing is missed from their end. 

You both need to finish the shopping for whatever you want

Sure Maa, we'll go and do tomorrow, Piya answers and goes to her room while Siya follows to irritate her further.

Have you prepared the guest list?  It will be better if we keep a close ceremony. In marriage, we'll invite everyone.

Yes, I will invite our close friends and family members, her husband says.

Do you think we need to invite Piya's Naani (grandmother)?

NO

Atul Sharma gets angry and leaves the room but not before giving his answer. He can't stand there because he can't see his wife hurt but he will not take any chances when it comes to his daughter's safety and happiness.

*********************

Hi, you all might be wondering why updates are short and less frequent? Even when I'm frequently updating long chapters still readers are coming as stalkers to read the chapter and leaving without any vote and comment and my mood is getting off.