Chapter 26

The weather is wild and the roads are blocked due to heavy downpour since the past two days and now the water logging has affected the surrounding areas and it is causing accidents. When Aryansh chose to visit the city to inspect their business site, he didn't expect that he would get struck. He thought to resolve the business issue and to go back home. It will also give him and Piya the chance to rethink their fight. 

He is in touch with the family. He is eager to run back home but the promise he made to his wife is holding him. From the moment he stepped out of the Shekhawat Mansion, he missed Piya every second. He is waiting for Piya's call from the past 4 days to tell him that she's missing him as much as he does but not once his phone flashed with her name. He decided that he will not go back home unless she asks him to come.

He talked to the family last night but today there is no connection due to broken towers and land slides. It will be hard for anyone to come and do the repair.

He is punishing himself by staying in this risky area. Also, his sadistic mind thinks that there will be more chances of Piya calling him if she comes to know that he is in danger.

At the Shekhawat Mansion

Since morning, the Shekhawat people have been trying to connect with Aryansh but their efforts are going in vain. Ajay Shekhawat tried to send a chopper to get his son back but no commercial plane could fly due to the government restriction. 

He is feeling bad about seeing his daughter-in-law's face who came to him 20 times in the morning with the hope that there's some update about her husband. He feels bad to see her hopes getting crushed every time when he gives her the negative response look. It's like Aryansh disappeared from the face of the earth.

Dad, any news?

Piya Beta (child), I will let you know once I get any updates. You take care of yourself and have something. You didn't eat anything in the morning

Dad, please tell him to come home

This Morning everyone is at the breakfast table with a happy face but a message from Ram on Ajay's phone vanished their happiness. Ram told him to see the news and what they saw on TV killed the appetite and sowed the seeds of fear in everyone's heart. 

News Reporter said that there is a heavy downpour across all the hill stations in North India and red alert is declared by the meteorological department. The city where Aryansh is staying is under strict lockdown as some people were dead due to bad weather conditions and land slides. 

Ajay Shekhawat saw the news and immediately tried to call Aryansh's number but every time, he heard "The number you are trying to reach in out of the coverage area, please try again later" increasing his frustration. Piya saw him dialing the number, and earnestly asked him.

Papa, are you able to connect with him?

No beta (child)

Piya fell on the sofa in pain and misery. She is unable to accept that Aryansh's life is in danger. Sneha and other Shekhawat ladies feel bad seeing her suffering and goes to console her while suppressing their own pain and fear.

Piya beta, don't cry. I will scold Aryansh for making you cry, Sneha consoles Piya and takes her into a hug.

Please bring him back, Maa

Piya says while there is no stop for her tears. She wants an assurance that Aryansh is fine and is coming back home.

In the evening, Piya's parents come to check on her. They came to know from Siya that Aryansh is struck in the land slide area. They are also worried and Piya's mom suggests her to pray the god. Her mother is an ardent devotee who believes that a prayer which comes from the heart is never ignored by God. 

Atul Sharma, Piya's father, is also worried about Aryansh though he doesn't link him but he never wants him to get hurt because at last that will hurt his daughter only.

Piya, eat something beta (child), otherwise you will fall sick, Sneha gets a plate of rice for Piya as she didn't have anything from the morning.

Maa, I don't want to eat, Piya gets up and goes outside in the garden.

Ajay Shekhawat calls DCP Rathore, who is looking for the case, for an update about Aryansh. 

Sir, you don't worry. We contacted the local police station to check on Mr. Shekhawat. We will inform you as soon as we get the update.

Okay Mr. Rathore

Piya also tries calling on his number and every time it is either unreachable or out of the coverage area. After trying the number for 50 times, she hear a ring on the other side of the phone.