Chapter 27

The phone's relentless ringing mirrored the frantic beats of Piya's heart, each chiming a fragile hope that he would answer the call. Her mind is with a whirlwind of anxious thoughts and her heart is with fervent prayers, pleading with the universe for a connection that would assure that he is safe and on his way back. Every second seems like an eternity as she clung to the hope that this call could be the lifeline her heart so desperately needed.

The call is finally answered, and Aryansh's voice, though faint and strained, reached her ears.

Jaana? His voice has a mix of relief and happiness

Tears streamed down Piya's face as she struggled to hold back the sobs. Her both hands hold the phone with an unbelievable expression. There was a doubt that he may not answer the call or the call may get disconnected in between, shattering her little hope but his voice brings solace and peace to her turmoil.

Aryansh, where are you? Are you okay?

I'm... I'm okay, Jaana. Just stuck here. The situation is worse than I thought.

Aryansh replies, his voice carries the weight of fatigue and concern.

We tried calling you the whole day. Dad's tried to get a chopper, but nothing's working. They said there's a red alert, and... and I got so scared I... I thought that you might be in danger, Baby

I'm so sorry, Jaana. I didn't mean for this to happen. I just needed to sort things out here, and now... 

Aryansh's words trail off as he struggles to find the right words. Hearing the pain and insecurity in her voice makes him realize that they might have assumed the worst scenario.

Please, come back home. It's been too long. I miss you so much, Baby. I need you here with me

Piya's plea is filled with desperation and heartache. She couldn't hide the longing and wished to find him beside her. 

Really? You want me back, Jaana. Are you not angry with me anymore?

Aryansh's voice holds anticipation to listen to her answer. He knew that he had hurt her so forgiveness matters to him a lot. He never thought that he would give her the pain in a few months of marriage. He impulsively acted without thinking from her perspective and now he regrets that.

No, Baby. I am not angry. Please come back to your Jaana

Piya reassures him that she is no longer angry with him because she realized that there is some fault from her side as well. She should have informed him or tried to understand the reason behind his anger. When he came with an apology for his behavior she should have reprimanded him but she asked him to leave in her anger. She prioritised her ego over their love. The thought of him leaving forever scared her so all the anger and resentment flew away. 

But not knowing where you are or if you're okay or not is tearing me apart. I can't lose you. Please come back home, Baby

I will, Jaana. I'm being as careful as I can. I'll find a way to get back to you soon. You just need to stay strong for a little longer.

 Aryansh said, the urgency in his tone growing. He is now determined to go back at earliest and take her in his arms.

I will but can't promise.

Piya replies, though the weight of her worry is less now. Just come home as soon as you can.

I love you, Jaana Aryansh said, his voice choked with an intense emotion.

I love you too, Baby

Piya replies, her face beam with a fragile smile of relief and heart soars with happiness.

After the call ends, Piya sits for some more time, clutching the phone. She knows that Aryansh is in a dangerous place, but hearing his voice, knowing he is alive gives her small comfort amid the chaos. She wipes her tears and takes a deep breath, finding a sliver of strength in her love for him and her hope for his safe return. 

Piya goes inside the mansion and shares the information with the family who also breathes the air of relief. Everyone is happy to know about Aryansh's whereabouts and health. 

Maa, he will come back soon, excited Piya tells everyone while having the Juice

I'm very happy and thank god that everything is fine, Padma Shekhawat says

Yes Daadi (Grandmother)

Everyone disperses to their room. Piya goes inside the bedroom to freshen up. She opens the cupboard to pick the night dress but on seeing Aryansh's shirt she ditches the dress and takes the shirt. She gets ready in his shirt and spends an hour watching their wedding photos.

***************

Luck was on the Aryansh's side and because of that somehow his phone got connected. He was shocked when he saw Piya's name as caller on the phone. For a minute he wondered whether he was hallucinating or not but when he answered the call, all the doubts flew away. His wife is worrying hell about him and wants him to return home.

The call from Piya had been a lifeline, a beacon of hope during the chaotic time he had been through. He gets his life and happiness back after the call. He immediately contacts the local person and gets a car for himself as the chaos are little bit settled down. Also, the local police helped him to cross the path on DCP Rathore's recommendation. He came to know that his father talked with the DCP for his safe passage and he is grateful for that.

Aryansh reaches the Shekhawat Mansion around 4 AM in the morning and directly goes to the bedroom. He sees his wife drape in his shirt, a vision of both tranquility and vulnerability and the wedding photos occupying their full king size bed. 

Her hairs are all spread over the pillow and her lips have a pout which spoke volumes about how much she is missing him. He controls the laugh on noticing that the wedding photos especially his cheek have a lipstick mark. He sighs in fascination and a little bit turn-on to see her love.

Aryansh quietly slipped into the bed while being careful not to make a sound. Gently, he brush a strand of hair from Piya's face. As he sits down on the bed, he feels a profound sense of relief and gratitude.  With a soft smile, Aryansh leans over and places a tender kiss on Piya's forehead and whispers.

I'm home.

Piya slightly stir but remain asleep, a contented sigh escaping her lips as if she sensed his presence even in her dreams. Aryansh covered themselves with the blanket.

He gives a peck on her left cheek and when she turns to the other side due to the disturbance, he kisses the other one. He kisses the forehead, nose and when his lips touch her eyelid, Piya moans.

Ar...yan..shh

When he kisses the other eye, she slowly opens the eyes.

Yess, Jaana

Their lips merges sharing the love, craving and passion they possess for each other. Soon, the kisses turn into deep intimacy and their naked bodies follow the rhythm of their hearts. His hands hold her above and hers tug his hair in pleasure. His face is hidden in between her swells making her feel alive while she moans his name rising the room temperature. At last, they both feel a deep sense of fulfillment when they give themselves to each other. 

They are still going slow to feel the pleasure in each other's arms. They know that they need to talk but the dire need to feel each put the talks on the backseat because right now they just want to live in their cozy and sensuous moments.