Chapter 31

Aryansh and Piya drive back to the Shekhawat Mansion in silence. He had tried to talk to his wife on the way back, but she wasn't ready to listen to anything. 

She lay on the bed, turning her back to Aryansh. He didn't like seeing her go to bed in such a bad mood. He had planned so many things for the night, but everything is ruined.

"Jaana, I agree I was wrong that time, and I'm really sorry. I wasn't sure about my feelings for you then, and not seeing you at the office made me act like that. I just wanted to see you..." Aryansh's voice is filled with regret, but Piya remained silent, her back still turned to him.

"You don't know what I felt back then?" Piya shivered, remembering those moments. Tears started to fall from her eyes, recalling the fear she'd felt.

"I was so scared, Aryansh. It's a different country, and so many negative thoughts crossed my mind. I kept thinking someone might kidnap me and take me away from my family... and... might be sold......" Her voice faltered, the images of those fears overwhelming her.

"Shhh..." Aryansh gently comes closer, wrapping his arms to soothe her. 

"You cannot justify your actions, no matter the reason. You don't have the right to make me feel unsafe! I hate you..." She hit his chest in a burst of anger and frustration.

"I'm sorry..." Aryansh takes all her hits, letting her vent her pain and anger. He hoped that once her words came out, she'd feel a little better.

After some time, Piya stops hitting Aryansh and her sobs gradually turn into quiet sniffles. She pulls away slightly, wiping her tear-streaked face, but doesn't look at him. Aryansh gently lifts her chin, urging her to meet his gaze. His expression is full of remorse, his voice soft and apologetic.

"I know I hurt you, Piya," he says, his tone lace with guilt. "And I can never truly understand what you went through, but I promise you, I would never hurt you intentionally. I... I was just so overwhelmed with fear of not seeing you, but I know that doesn't justify my actions. I just want you to feel safe with me, not scared."

Piya doesn't respond immediately. She's still processing everything, the weight of her emotions pulling at her. She lowers her gaze again, unsure of how to release the flood of conflicting feelings inside her.

Aryansh's heart tightens at her act. He gently pulls her back into his arms, wrapping them around her tightly as if to reassure both her and himself. Piya stays silent, but she leans into his chest, the warmth of his embrace offering a small comfort. Aryansh strokes her hair softly, giving her the space she needs, but he doesn't pull away. He's not giving up on her, not when he knows he has messed up so badly.

After a few moments, Piya finally whispers, "I don't know if I can just forget it. It's not something I can just brush off. But... I'm willing to try, Aryansh. For us. Because I love you. But you have to understand that this can't happen again."

Aryansh nods vigorously, his forehead pressing against hers. "I will never make you feel unsafe again"

Piya sighs, her breath shaky as she leans back a little, searching his eyes. "I hope so, Aryansh. I hope so." Aryansh gently caresses her cheek, his thumb brushing away the last of her tears and both lean towards each other for a gentle and soothing kiss to cherish their reconciliation. 

*********************

Aryansh is awake, watching the peaceful face of his wife as she sleeps. She had fallen asleep after their kiss, but sleep is far from his eyes. His phone vibrates, showing Junaid's name, and he gets out of the bed to give his friend a piece of his mind.

"Hello, my 'Childhood Best Friend,'" Aryansh says in a furious voice, stepping onto the balcony.

"Sorry, dude, I'm really sorry," Junaid responds. "I was so drunk, I didn't realize I'd created trouble for you."

"Do you have any idea what I went through?" Aryansh snaps. "I almost lost her because of your slip!"

"Sorry" Junaid says in a contrite tone. "You know I'd never intentionally do something bad to you."

Aryansh's anger begins to subside. His and Junaid's friendship runs thicker than blood, and hearing his best friend's heartfelt apology makes him feel bad. How could he stay angry when it was him who had actually planned the Turkey's act?

"I'm at fault here as well, so just leave it," Aryansh says, sounding defeated.

"Is everything okay now?" Junaid asks after a brief silence.

"Yes, it's fine now."

"Great, I'll come tomorrow and apologize to Piya."

"That's not needed, Junaid," Aryansh replies. "It's not your fault when I took you with me."

"But"

"We both decided not to talk about this anymore, so let's just leave it," Aryansh interrupts.

"Okay," Junaid agrees, understanding. "I'll talk to you soon. Bye."

"Bye," Aryansh says, hanging up the call.

Aryansh is still standing on the balcony, thinking about what Piya's reaction would be if she ever found out about the manipulations and blackmail he used to get them married. Would she leave him? Just the thought of it scares the life out of him. He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath to calm himself. Apart from him, no one knows the full extent of what happened, and he'll never blurt it out on his own, so there's no need to worry.

"Baby..."

Hearing the word, he turns around and sees Piya standing behind him. His heart skips a beat as he sees Piya standing there, the soft glow of the moonlight illuminating her figure. Her long, flowing hair catches the breeze, and for a moment, she looks like something out of a dream. 

Piya notices the shift in his demeanor, the way his gaze quickly flickers away from her, as if he's trying to hide something. She tilts her head slightly, a soft smile curving her lips as she steps closer to him. The robe she's wearing accentuates the softness of her presence, and Aryansh can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of both warmth and guilt.

"Baby?" Piya's voice is soft, almost teasing, as if she's trying to draw him out of whatever storm is brewing in his mind.

Aryansh swallows hard, his pulse racing. He can feel her eyes on him, trying to peel away the layers he's built up. And for a moment, he wonders if she already knows but then he remembers, *No one knows. No one except him. If she ever finds out what he did to manipulate their lives, their love... would she stay? Or would she walk away in disgust?

Piya steps closer still, closing the distance between them. She places a gentle hand on his chest. He closes his eyes, letting out a slow breath, and when he opens them again, he finds himself looking into her eyes. He carries her in a bridal way and takes her to bed. They both relieved themselves from the pain before welcoming the rays of a new morning.

*********************

Vote, Comment and Share to get early updates

Don't miss reading my other story - "Only Mine" - 18 chapters have been published