Chapter 22

What happened Piya? Why are you sitting with such a sad face?

Piya was in the living room watching a movie but a scene came where a girl met her parents after 2 years. That scene made Piya emotional and she started missing her parents. 

Piya regularly talks with her family on the phone but the last time she met with them was during her Pagphera (a ritual where a married woman comes to her maternal home for the first time after the wedding). She stayed at her home for a few hours because Aryansh came early that day to take her back to the Shekhawat mansion.

********

Baby, why did you come so early?

Piya directly asks Aryansh who looks at her with a scowl on his face.

Excuse me?

I meant, you might have some work so why did you bother yourself? I would have called you.

Piya tried to sugarcoat the words on seeing his glare. She softly tells him the reasoning behind her previous question which her husband doesn't buy. Aryansh is afraid that Mr. Sharma might try to brainwash her so he came early to her place though his mother told him to go at night.

He observed how much she cried hugging her father during the "Bidaai"  (wedding farewell) which clearly indicated that she loves her father a lot. 

He doesn't want to take any risk as there's a high chance of her believing in Mr. Sharma's words. He blackmailed Mr. Sharma with his secret but he will never bring that secret in front of his wife whatever the situation. It will break her and he can't see her dealing with such immense pain.

And when that would be? Aryansh asks her.

After some days... 

Piya whispers while staring at her house with longing. The place where she spent the childhood and most precious moments of her life.

Exactly

Aryansh turns her face towards him and sharply looks at her. When she gives him a crying face, he hugs her and says.

How can I stay without you Jaana? I will miss you....

Piya hugs him but also hits his back before saying, I love you to his confession. Aryansh smiled at her response. Later, they bid bye to her parents and come back to the Shekhawat Mansion.

*******

"Nothing Maa"

Piya, you call me Maa so won't you share with your Maa?

Piya feels uneasy to tell her mother-in-law that she is missing her parents but when Sneha asks if she's not her mother then she decides to share her inner feelings.

It's been days since I met Mummy-Papa so I'm missing them

Sneha gives a smile on Piya's response. She understands her emotions because every girl misses her family and home during the initial months of the marriage. 

Then why don't you go and meet them?

On Sneha's suggestion, Piya rises from the sofa and excitedly asks. 

Really?

Yes, beta (child) go and meet your parents they will also feel good

Sneha laughs seeing the child like the excitement of Piya's. She is smiling like a kid who got her favourite candy. She and the whole family notice how much Piya is trying to establish the bond with everyone. She feels blessed to have her as a wife for his son.