. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 .

𝐀 𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝐀 𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

・。。・゜☆゜・。。・

Madisyn walked into the restaurant with Connie, Julie, Averman, Guy and Charlie. They didn't know how but the rest of their friends had gotten rides to the restaurant while the other six decided to bus there. It would 'make more memories' was Averman's defense over the phone when he called to ask the girls if they wanted to join.

" And there they are!" Rick cheered when the doors opened and the final six of the J.V. Warriors walked in. " Captain, we got you here right next to me. Miss goalie extraordinaire, next to Mister not goalie extraordinaire." Charlie and Julie went to their spots at the table. " Jokester, got ya next to Matthews. Guy, Connie, you two are on different sides of Davies right there, Davies give 'em a wave." The boy raised his hand and waved it to the couple with an overly friendly smile on his face. Connie and Guy exchanged looks, walking over. " And Miss should be captain, we reserved you a spot next to Banksie."

Charlie clenched his jaw at Madisyn's nickname from Rick, very unhappy with it. Madisyn glanced at him then walked over to Adam. The varsity player she was sitting beside had gotten up and pulled her chair out for her, chuckling when he got glares from Madisyn and Adam.

" Sit down." Madisyn barked at him as she sat down, pulling her chair in. He gave Adam a look, silently asking how the hell he put up with her.

" You look very pretty." Adam leaned over to whisper to Madisyn. She gave him a smile and he gave it right back to her. He gestured to his red tie and her smile grew a little bigger.

" You did it wrong, you idiot." Madisyn chuckled, reaching over to fix Adam's tie. He looked taken back and tried to look down to see what he had done wrong. She fixed it for him, tightening it. " So handsome now."

" Oh, and I wasn't before?" He joked. " You wound me."

" Well, that's always the intention." Madisyn sarcastically told him. They grinned at each other, not expecting food to be placed on their table so fast. The waiter by Madisyn's side was thanked by the couple and he gave a respectful nod before hurrying off to grab more.

The varsity and J.V. teams started digging into the food they were served. Madisyn kept looking around the seafood platters for mussels, her paranoia vanishing away when there was nothing in sight. Maybe Rick did listen after all. Madisyn helped herself to mash potatoes, a couple slim slabs of prime rib and a bunch of baked carrots lathered in garlic and butter, which were her favorite. There was a small caesar salad in the bowl next to her.

She was peacefully eating when the varsity player leaned over to her and asked, " Madisyn, right?" The girl swallowed her carrot before nodding at him. He held out a hand to her and she shook it. " Lovely to meet you, I'm Robby Palof. Hey, I saw your defense skill during that Blake game, have you always been playing defense?"