. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 .

𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬

・。。・゜☆゜・。。・

Madisyn put her hockey bag into the bottom of the bus, walking in after Luis. Orion stood at the front with a list, checking off everyones names as they boarded on. Madisyn gave a nod to her coach and he gave one back, saying her name and checking her off the list. She went and sat down next to Dwayne, who gave her a big smile.

" Conway?" Orion stated in surprise. Everyone's heads shot up to see their old captain at the front of the bus.

Charlie sniffed, " I want to be on the team, coach. I want to play two-way hockey." Charlie grinned up at him, noticing the impressed look on Orion's face and the almost smile dancing on his lips. " Can I come back?"

" Take a seat. We're running late." Orion nodded behind him. He patted the bus driver's shoulder. " Let's go. We've got a game to catch."

The bus started up as Charlie went through the walkway. Everyone started cheering for him and holding out their hands for high fives. Charlie made sure to give everyone a high five, planting himself next to Russ.

" Oh, man, you shoulda seen your face." Russ was quick to mock Charlie. He brought his hands up to his eyes and slowly dragged them down his cheeks. " 'Oh coach, I want to play two-way hockey. Can I come back?'." He clasped his hands, bringing them in front of him, jokingly begging. Everyone laughed and Charlie shoved his elbow into Russ. The boy was quick to retaliate and hit Charlie back.

Dean Buckley came onto the bus. The sight of him made everyone sigh and roll their eyes.

" Almost missed ya, Coach. Mind if I speak to your boys?" He asked Orion.

" And girls!" Julie corrected unimpressed.

" Yes, of course! And girls!" He corrected and smiled.

" If you can make it quick." Orion said, annoyed with the delays that continued to come at them.

" I'm afraid that this is important. You see, we have a board meeting scheduled tomorrow and well, you are all on the agenda," He started. Madisyn looked at Dwayne already fed up with this guy's bullshit. " We have to think long term here. What's in your best interest? Hard as it is for me, personally you kids have been a breath of fresh air around here. The board is going to approve the withdrawal of your scholarships. Now, you'll be welcomed to stay through the end of the semester but after that, it will be necessary for you to enjoy other educational opportunities." He finished off.

" Are you kidding me?!" Madisyn fumed. Dean's attention was turned to the girl in the back and he gave a 'sympathetic' smile.

" I'm very sorry, Madisyn." He lied through his teeth.